Kale

I think it's kale.com. It's a pain in the neck website (you need the latest version of flash) and the navigation isn't easy, but they have a few good bags.
I emailed higala.com to ask what else they would be carrying soon and they mentioned Kale but I had never heard of them :shrugs:

I am possibly being really stupid here, but when I go to Kale.com, it is some sort of research foundation...... can't see any bags.....

Can you post a link to the bags?

If you look in my showcase, I have a small pink kale bag. It's really cute and the material is really soft. I don't know much about them - I got the bag at a sample sale - but I really like that bag and some bigger totes I've seen.

Rose: try KALE.

I think they look great, especially the Lyndon Grande in metallic suede! Love the teal! I've looked at them on their website before but don't know much else about them. I also remember seeing them on activeendeavors.com. If you do get one, please let us know. I'd like to hear more about them. I really like lesser know yet quality brands. Thanks for posting, I had almost forgotten about these!

I'm sorry... they aren't on activeendeavors any longer.

Rose: try KALE.

I think they look great, especially the Lyndon Grande in metallic suede! Love the teal! I've looked at them on their website before but don't know much else about them. I also remember seeing them on activeendeavors.com. If you do get one, please let us know. I'd like to hear more about them. I really like lesser know yet quality brands. Thanks for posting, I had almost forgotten about these!

I'm sorry... they aren't on activeendeavors any longer.

Ah, thank you, its kalehandbags.com not kale.com!

I've seen them; they're nice but nothing special for the price I think. That's way high, and for that price I would look around. Mike & Chris, Luba J, Gustto, so many cute bags in that price range.

i have the kale 'essential' handbag from a year or two ago that i love - it's hemp and black leather and the leather is so thick and beautiful & holds up wonderfully. the bag is HUGE; i use it mostly for a laptop tote or for magazines/books/etc. when i travel. it's super-strong and well worth the $395 i paid for it...

I have 7 Kale handbags, and I absolutely love them. The details are fantastic - chrome or brass hardware, which has held up pretty well for me - suede linings on all the bags, luxurious leathers and a really different look. I own the essential tote (in pink, brown and black), which is huge, the old Posted #2 in apple green, which gets compliments all the time, a purple Posted from the original collection, and two of the short east-west bags. The new purses they have out now look fantastic - I'm just waiting for them to go on sale !

I have 7 Kale handbags, and I absolutely love them. The details are fantastic - chrome or brass hardware, which has held up pretty well for me - suede linings on all the bags, luxurious leathers and a really different look. I own the essential tote (in pink, brown and black), which is huge, the old Posted #2 in apple green, which gets compliments all the time, a purple Posted from the original collection, and two of the short east-west bags. The new purses they have out now look fantastic - I'm just waiting for them to go on sale !

I wasn't trying to suggest that the hardware was inadequate, or wouldn't last.

After all, these bags are relatively expensive.

I was just saying that, in my experience (and I have owned bags at all price points), you generally get what you pay for and that the hardware used for bags at this price point generally looks a bit insubstantial when compared with that used for higher end bags.

Maybe I was just stating the obvious! :lol: