Not Banned, Not Overboard, Not Going Broke and Loving Coach

QueenLouis

O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
OK, in contradiction to the banned and addiction threads (not that there's ANYTHING wrong with those threads at all) I wanted a more upbeat thread for those of us who are having a great time getting deals and enjoying our Coach bags without it being detrimental to the rest of our lives.

I for one am thrilled to have increased my bag collection this year because of the great (50%-65% off) discounts I have been able to get at Macy's, the outlet or eBay (from other people who got the great deal at the outlet).

I am fully employed, I own a house with a fixed-rate mortgage, I don't have a car payment, I don't carry credit-card balances. And I have savings. So buying the bags is not a financial distress. It's not keeping me from saving for something else.

I have a bunch of bags, many of which were purchased this year. I love all of them. I didn't buy any just because they were a great deal, or just because I felt I had to because I made the trip to the outlet. (Walked out last Wednesday having only used my 20% coupon on a scarf for $9.99. Just didn't see any bags I liked and wasn't compelled to buy any.)

Who else is feelin' good about their Coach purchases this year?

I'm in! I have no debts at all, I rent and not married yet. Everything I earn is mine. I do set $ aside to send to my parents back home but I can buy what I want. I'm cheap enough that I won't go overboard with shopping and my collection is a product of love for almost 4 years I would say.

Here here!!! I am 21 years old and have just graduated college on a full scholarship (saved about 90K)...i have ample amount in savings, IRAs, Money markets, etc (in about 15 years I will be able to live off the interest alone and technically retire if I wanted)... a family trust fund with my name on it...no CC balances...live at home but the house is paid off and deeded to me...got the old 95' grand am family car w/ 80 K miles on it, I would like a new one but i'll wait a few years and i'll just pay cash....work 4 jobs b/c I'm just a workaholic, and when I graduate from law school and get a job I'll buy a house and then rent the one I'm living in now for a constant cash flow. I say just live life to the fullest :drinkup:

do i come from a family of wealth??? NOPE! we just got lucky down the road somewhere...rags to riches type...hardwork and investing well pays off

and in spite of it all, I still only buy what I love so my collection is big, but only filled with the things I enjoy!

Last edited:
QueenLouis,

Thank you for this. As long as I rein it in a bit, since most of my collection was amassed during tis current coupon blitz, I'll be able to stay on this side of the good, the banned & the ugly.

A good heads up, though.

I belong here I'm happy w my current collection were starting a v expensive adoption process so I'm not buying for awhile but just used my promotion as an excuse to get TriBeCa like evrything in life it is balance

I think we have all three threads covered now. The goods (this thread), the banned, and the ugly (fake Coach). LOL!!!

Man, I love your witty responses, Oops!! :lol: You are sunshine on this forum!!

YAY!! Ok, yeah I'll join, but I really don't feel that anyone is owed an explanation as to what we choose to buy or why we are able to buy it, kwim? You don't need to explain yourself, hon!! Neither does anyone else. We all have diff lives, and so it's good that we all have our support group as needed!! Some of us may go back and forth between groups depending on the circumstances too at any time.

I'm also happy to increase my collection at this point in my life, but I'm also out of space (I admit it), so I don't know what to do about that part!:nuts: I'm truly a collector at heart!!

Anyway, let me say I'm so ecstatic about my weekend outlet haul that I could wet my pants!! :P Got a couple of items that have been on my stalk list for a while, plus a few other surprise additions (and of course two are purple, lol)! I hope others had the same awesome luck!! It doesn't always happen, but it's so nice when it does!!

CONGRATS to everyone on your new additions, and I hope if don't find what you're looking for now, you will really soon!!!

....I am fully employed, I own a house with a fixed-rate mortgage, I don't have a car payment, I don't carry credit-card balances. And I have savings. So buying the bags is not a financial distress. It's not keeping me from saving for something else....

Wow. QueenLouis, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone. What you do or don't do with your $$ is your business, but I just want to comment that we live in extraordinary times. For someone to make mention of the things that QL just did, speaks volumes about the concerns that swirl around our society today.

Our grandchildren will someday ask us about what life was like during the Depression/Recession/Bad Time of 2008 and 2009 (or 2010, 2011, 2012 - who knows when it will stop).

There are certainly people who are really hurting right now - lost jobs, home values waaaaaaaay down, wondering where the next dollar will come from. A family just came to our home for dessert last night in exactly that situation. My heart hurts for them. There are people too, who like QueenLouis, have secure jobs, are fine in their homes, and who are able to take advantage of the great deals that are popping up because of the financial pressures that businesses are facing now.

^^^ I agree...I think in spite of it all...whatever circumstances... we all need to be thankful for what we have...I consider myself extraordinary blessed

but I would trade all my collection in a heartbeat if it meant that I would lose my wonderful dad or wonderful boyfriend or any of my family if I could

but sometimes, once you get the ball rolling, that's all it takes...i have all lived an average very happy middle class life...it's within the past few years that my family has been blessed ten fold. could we lose it all in an instant? well technically yes, if we all died. but we've got enough saved that we could live off of for awhile if the time came. we didn't go out and squander it when we had the chance too

sometimes, you just have to be thankful that the right things happened at the right time

For someone to make mention of the things that QL just did, speaks volumes about the concerns that swirl around our society today.

Our grandchildren will someday ask us about what life was like during the Depression/Recession/Bad Time of 2008 and 2009 (or 2010, 2011, 2012 - who knows when it will stop).

I actually have thought about the economy when spending. On the one hand, one can feel guilty if you're doing ok when others are hurting. So that may prompt a tendency to not spend out of guilt. Or to avoid spending out of fear of losing one's job (which I was doing late last year/early this year). But with my company doing relatively well, and my department doing quite well, and still being employed. I thought to myself... if I avoid spending on things I want, when I'm still in the same position I've been in... then that just causes other retailers to do worse, causing them to have trouble paying loans, bills, cards, forcing them to do layoffs... then those people will not be able to pay bills, cards, mortgages, loans... and then more companies & people are in an even worse position and so on and so on. - So that's when I decided to not avoid spending out of fear for something (losing my job) that may never happen.

I like this thread. I am one that goes through stages. I am a Coach shopper and I have gotten wild this year... But all in all feel realy good about my collection it is well balance and beautiful and I would not trade it for nothing...