Your experiences with trading bags?

Oh Donna!

Sep 8, 2006
I have read that some of you have done Bbag trades, and I was wondering what your experiences with trading are? I'm sorta considering doing a trade with someone but I'm a little hesitant...thanks!:heart:

I've had great experiences. I've traded at least 4 times, maybe more.
Of course, I don't expect perfection. If a bag is 3 years old and has been carried, but listed as excellent with a bit of wear, I expect to see some scuffs, wearing of the corners ect. Most pictures show all of these things anyway, and I think we try to be as accurate as possible. Of course I expect standards to differ somewhat.

I think it depends upon *why* you are hesitating. I personally thought about a trade of one of my brand new bags with a highly sought-after older bag, and decided against it because I felt that the trade would be somewhat uneven (not in my favor). If the older bag had been in almost-mint condition (e.g., not had darkened handles) I would have been more inclined to feel it was an even trade.

I did a trade once with a friend and it worked out GREAT for both of us. I think it depends on the bags and on the relationship/communication you have with the other person. As long as you're both clear about everything up front, you're not risking your friendship.

Just a mildly friendly reminder that there is no selling/trading/buying on the main forum. So I'm seconding Swanky and hoping this is seperate....

I think trades work fine if you are happy with the bag you are getting.

Thank you for your concern, but no, it wouldnt be through tPF. I do many things off this forum! I just wanted an opinion or two. I think I will just go ahead and sell the darn thing and not be bothered with trades. But thanks though!:smile:

Hey Donna, since you were just asking for opinions...........ya, I think you are smart in probably selling and not trading.;)

But, then again what do I know.....:P

Thank you for your concern, but no, it wouldnt be through tPF. I do many things off this forum! I just wanted an opinion or two. I think I will just go ahead and sell the darn thing and not be bothered with trades. But thanks though!:smile:

Gasp!
You mean....you have a life outside of tPF?? :nuts: Hehehehe!

Gasp! You mean....you have a life outside of tPF?? :nuts: Hehehehe!

Ha ha! Well, not much of one really but I am trying to not come on here as much lately...this place is just too addicting! I love it here, but I just spend way too much time on here, and for some reason I have discovered I have spent way too much money on Bbags lately!:love:

Well, I did a trade once with a ebay seller. she was comfortable with my feedback and me with hers. it was fantastic! I didn't have to come up with any money, and got the bag I wanted! :happydance: