500 Days of Summer

dbtbandit67

Gemini Sith
Oct 29, 2008
I can't believe a thread hasn't been started on this! It was the best movie I've seen in theaters for as long as I can remember. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has really grown up. I strongly recommend watching it!

Last edited:
I want to see it too. Zooey looks adorable, but what a typical indie romance movie, lol.

Yeah, it definitely had a splash of indie, but it's not too indie cause the cinematography was really well-done and might even get an Oscar-nomination. Indie isn't good enough to get that lol

Is it a total chick flick?

No, it was funny too. There were a bunch of guys in the theater and we were all cracking up.

Yeah, it definitely had a splash of indie, but it's not too indie cause the cinematography was really well-done and might even get an Oscar-nomination. Indie isn't good enough to get that lol

That's good to hear! The trailer gave me that "indie" vibe, but either way, I'd love to see it.

The cinematography at certain moments of the movie was beautiful. If you want to see it for Zooey then you will love the moments of hand-held close-ups of her. Like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind, the soundtrack is wonderfully interwoven with the story.
The dialogue between the two main leads is another strength of the movie.

It's not going to win Picture of the Year or Best Actor but it's well-worth the $10-movie-ticket.

it's a fantastic movie, neither a typical chic flick nor typical indie romance at all. it's really, really good.

I thought joseph gordon-levitt acted beautifully, I was extremely impressed by him.

i really loved it! i just got back from seeing it today! it definitely wasn't a typical chick flick as it didn't have a particularly happy ending...but it was good! i cried and laughed haha.