My first Chanel is here! Did I receive a good one?

Nov 25, 2006
So Fedex just delievered my very first Chanel-Jumbo caviar in Black (noir?)
from Bev. Hills Saks.

From what I've seen-it looks fine but I'm new to Chanel. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the bag!

The serial number starts with 13-that means it's the most recent right?

The 2nd pic-where the sewing is the top part feels a little rough-but I'm just being paranoid right? :smile:
Sorry for the bad quality on pictures-I just took quick shots so I can post it and will post better pics later.
I took the tissues out of the purse so it's empty.

Attachments

• Chanel.jpg
    Chanel.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 192
  • chanel2.jpg
    chanel2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 116
  • chanel3.jpg
    chanel3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 95
  • chanel4.jpg
    chanel4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 99
  • chanel5.jpg
    chanel5.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I am not sure if it's me. I was in BH Chanel Store, NM and Saks two weeks ago. I noticed the class carvier from Saks seems to be more "sparkle" (as shown in the pictures above) where as those in NM and the Chanel store is more of a matte to it. I don't think Saks shippment should be any different but can some answer this question.

So Fedex just delievered my very first Chanel-Jumbo caviar in Black (noir?)
from Bev. Hills Saks.

From what I've seen-it looks fine but I'm new to Chanel. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the bag!

The serial number starts with 13-that means it's the most recent right?

The 2nd pic-where the sewing is the top part feels a little rough-but I'm just being paranoid right? :smile:
Sorry for the bad quality on pictures-I just took quick shots so I can post it and will post better pics later.
I took the tissues out of the purse so it's empty.

I don't know about the serial number, but the bag is beautiful. I'm really not sure what you mean about the sewing being rough. If you mean you can feel the stitching, I think part of the beauty of Chanel bags is that you know each piece is unique in that they are supposed to be hand-finished and perhaps the thread that is used is double thick so that it is more impervious to rips. I think you have a beautiful bag there and, in your own words, you may be a little too paranoid. It looks wonderful to me.
--judy

I don't know about the serial number, but the bag is beautiful. I'm really not sure what you mean about the sewing being rough. If you mean you can feel the stitching, I think part of the beauty of Chanel bags is that you know each piece is unique in that they are supposed to be hand-finished and perhaps the thread that is used is double thick so that it is more impervious to rips. I think you have a beautiful bag there and, in your own words, you may be a little too paranoid. It looks wonderful to me.
--judy

That's what I meant, stitching. Thank you!:smile: