Early 20's too young to be BV chic?

jackietong

Jul 6, 2008
I was just wondering, what are your thoughts regarding age and BV bag ownership...I am 24, turning 25 this Aug 7th, and my 'besty' commented the other day that my taste in bags are way out of my age range...I am excited in acquiring my first BV, I have other designer handbags, LV, Chanel, and of course Balenciaga.

I think of BV bags as classic and timeless, just like the Chanel flap which has endured all the fashion brouhaha for the past years...

What is the average age of BV owners here?

I have no single BV bag yet, yet I can say I am hooked, certified "BV-FIED"

I am 34...I agree with Kroquet, BV's are for anyone who wants to carry one, regardless of age, and can compliment any wardrobe. Go for it, if you love them!!! I think the brand is really timeless! I love my Venetas, they work well for me and fit my lifestyle. Pick a bag that you love and that suits you and your needs...it'll reflect you fine!!!

I'm turning 25 in about a week too! (9th Aug to be precise :P ) Balenciaga and Chanel were my first designer purchases but ever since noticing BV last year I haven't looked at many other brands since. I think 'BV chic' is something anyone of any age can emulate. (Just look at the pics of some of our members' DDs rocking their mum's BVs :amuse:)

I'm 22 and I saved up and bought a veneta and a sloane. I think they look chic on any age, and they can be dressed up or down. I really want a mini cabat someday!

:ty: ladies...I wasn't going to let anyone come across me and purchasing my first BV.

Oh bag gods and goddesses please let Bryan the wonderful SA bring some good news!

kroquet thank you. My close friends and family always found my bag fashion sense a bit odd, rather I want to call it unique. :P

Olympia177 Right on....I'm having another baby by next year and the veneta style and others alike will make my life so much simpler... I have tried the large Veneta in our local boutique and it was the perfect! size and all, it didn't feel like as if I was lifting weights.

sngsk fellow Leo Lady here...advanced happy birthday to us!:drinkup: we're both turning 25! woohooo...I'm excited and I'm hoping quarter life crisis does not hit me :P
I would love to pass on my bags to my daughter someday, this is what I keep telling DH, eventually DD will 'inherit' all my bags, so I better start loading up, its an investment. :amuse:

hikarupanda yeah! thanks...I was not able to use most of my handbags after giving birth because they were all too structured and heavy (i.e. LV suhali Lock it, Chanel jumbo)not practical especially while carrying a baby, kwim?...I love how the Veneta feels when it 'hugs' my body---I tried the ebano and black veneta everytime I had the chance while visiting the store :biggrin:

Anzhie I have yet to venture into cabats...oh dear DH will have to work double time.LOL. I agree being BV chic can look simply amazing at any age.

Last edited:
My close friends and family always found my bag fashion sense a bit odd, rather I want to call it unique. :P

Well I call it classy, classic, timeless and gorgeous:tup:

BV is a perfect choice at any age, I recently bought a BV croc handbag, I felt that it is more appropriate for an older person - but decided to buy it anyway.
I am very happy I did.
BV colors and styles make it easy for people from all age groups to find what is best suited to their needs, age and lifestyle.

I used to collect LVs but have always preferred the more understated styles like suhali and mahina leather, but ever since 06 I've fallen in love with BV. I didn't actually purchase any until 08 and have been hooked ever since. I love how understated it is compared to other designer brands and the intrecciato leather is buttery soft yet durable. Oh yea, I'm 27. I really don't think BV has an age group, and I think if you love it, rock it!

jackietong - I am in my 50's. I think BV is timeless. I think you can buy a designer bag for many reasons, and age does not make a difference. I'll start an age poll, like we did in the Choo forum a year ago. It was interesting.

I hope this doesn't come off as being a snob, but the BV loving friends that I've come to know are all sensible and mature regardless of their age.

Oh, and they all have great sense of humour!:biggrin:

i'm 22 but look like i'm 17...but i always get SO many compliments over my BVs...i think the best thing about BV bags are that they're so chic, understated, yet timeless so they're definitely perfect for anyone, any age

I'm in my early twenties too and I love BV!!! Its understated and classy plus it goes well with my casual dressing, complements my whole outfit making it look effortlessly chic:biggrin: My friends can't see why i'm so into BV too so I guess only those who appreciate quality and great craftsmanship will understand:P Go get your first BV and i'm sure you will be asking for more:graucho: And what I like about BV is that I know these bags are going to remain a classic forever

Hell, no! Wish I was smart enough in my 20s to invest in BV and not waste my money on seasonal Prada and Gucci, which were all the rage back in mid to late '90s. BV is appropriate for any age and effortlessly chic. Bravo to you for your sense of style. I'm sure you'll enjoy your future purchases for decades to come.