EMS experiences.... can it be fully tracked?

MissLianne

PhD in shopping
O.G.
Dec 27, 2008
Dbf went ahead and ordered something off IOffer (even after I showed him all you're warnings about it). Just to refresh your memory he plays/collects/ restores antique Nintendo consoles etc. I know it's coming from somewhere overseas... Asia I believe. They are using EMS (like I said I've never bought anything online except from reputable department stores, Victoria Secret etc).

The package was sent last Friday (the 24th) and the seller gave a tracking number. It last said that it was dispatched from the Beijing centre on the 28th around 3pm. There has been no updates since then.

The seller said that maybe when it's in Canada it's out of EMS hands and in the hands of Canada Post (the tracking # doesn't work on Canada Post). Can someone clarify this for me? How will the package get to us... through the mail or courier? If it was shipped on Friday whats usually the amount of time. The seller stated about 7 days but heard of people getting it a lot sooner.

Thanks Ladies!

My only experience with EMS came out of Japan. I got tracking info from Japan Post pretty quickly and my item arrived in 2 days. My transaction was really smooth.

Great to hear MissBanff... Did the seller tell you it would take longer but it arrived sooner? Dbf isn't sure which shipping method was chosen besides that it's signature upon delivery.

Great to hear MissBanff... Did the seller tell you it would take longer but it arrived sooner? Dbf isn't sure which shipping method was chosen besides that it's signature upon delivery.

Yes, that's exactly right. I think they said 3 - 5 days, but it arrived in 2. I was nervous, too, as I had never purchased from a seller from asia before. But I was very pleased with it.

I post from Japan all the time and I love Japanese EMS. Never ever had a problem with it. I can watch my stuff any step of the way. You should be able to see the item in Canada Post. The seller has done exactly the right thing.

Don't know what Chinese EMS is like, but I don't see that it should be much different. The site updating is totally reliant on the other country updating it. Sometimes the other country does not update the EMS so regularly after it enters the local postal system. I usually check both systems.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the different delivery options for EMS? Is there different levels of shiipment...

Ie. International Express Ser.
International Regular Service

...I just know we have signature upon delivery.

Does anyone know the different delivery options for EMS? Is there different levels of shiipment...

Ie. International Express Ser.
International Regular Service

...I just know we have signature upon delivery.

Here's the link for China EMS. http://www.ems.com.cn/products/e-guo-ji-main.html

Looks like it does have different levels of service.

It's a little different to Japan EMS which is http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/index_en.html
Which has one main level of service which is excellent.

Last edited: