Blue Jean or Thalassa?

purseinsanity

I can't stoaaaaahp!!
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
In my ongoing efforts to educate myself on Hermes, I can't find anything relating to comparing these two blues. What is the "better" color and why? Blue jean seems much more common. Is it a little lighter? Which color looks best in which leather? Any help is appreciated...would love to hear input. TIA!

In my ongoing efforts to educate myself on Hermes, I can't find anything relating to comparing these two blues. What is the "better" color and why? Blue jean seems much more common. Is it a little lighter? Which color looks best in which leather? Any help is appreciated...would love to hear input. TIA!

people go bonkers for my thalassa, everyone from kiddiepoos to little old ladies. it is a mediteranean sea, to me. crisp, bright blue. i have some photos of a bunch of my blue bags in the reference thread, both blue jean and thalassa-but not right next to one another, unfortunately. i think on page 10 or so. they are both beautiful, couldn't go wrong with either, but i adore adore adore blues! if you do wear a lot of brown i think blue jean is a better bet- to me it seems to look fab with brown.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of thalassa (especially box calf), it was available last fall in epsom, clemence and tadelakt. My store had a thalassa Kelly a few months ago.

As for which goes with more, I might say BJ does (I love BJ with browns especially) - but I'd still opt for thalassa.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of thalassa (especially box calf), it was available last fall in epsom, clemence and tadelakt. My store had a thalassa Kelly a few months ago.

As for which goes with more, I might say BJ does (I love BJ with browns especially) - but I'd still opt for thalassa.

that thalassa kelly wasn't tadelakt, was she? maybe she might just live with me now...;)

It's a gorgeous blue. I have an agenda in thalassa box. Haven't seen it in our store and had been told it was no longer offered, but I guess they're just not bringing it in here.

purseinsanity - I guess the real question is whether you are bright and light blue person or a medium blue person. Personally, I like Bue Jean but find it's brightness and lightness to be too much for me. Blue Thalassa, which gets my vote, is more muted and more like the color of demin gets my vote too.