Pompous, obnoxious customer behavior at Crate and Barrel...

Pursegrrl

Oh no she di-int!!
O.G.
Jun 1, 2006
One of my goals this weekend was to find a new chair for my home office. I went to Crate and Barrel at Bellevue Square today to search and had a very attentive SA. The office chairs were scattered all over the furniture floor, but she was of course very willing to show me each chair and answer questions. So far so good!

We get to black leather chair #3. Sitting in this chair is a, ahem, very large man in his 50s or so taking a load off. Well, as we approached the man and the chair we thought it was obvious we wanted to look at the chair and despite making eye contact with him he didn't budge. Rather he snorted "you ladies probably just want to look at my butt, right?" And he swung around in the chair. :wtf: It was in the most audacious tone I could not believe it. :yucky: I said, "actually, sir, I'm interested in possibly purchasing this chair and would like to look at it." At that point, 99.999% of the population would have gotten out of said chair. Believe me, I couldn't see much of it the way he was spilling over. He actually said "no, I bet you just want to look at my butt." OMG!!

Thankfully, I was not in a huge hurry and didn't want to make any more of a scene but I was ready to clock the guy on the head with my Saleya PM. So I looked at a few more chairs and decided, nope, still gotta look at Occupied Chair #3. So we went back there and sure enough he was still in it. I said "Sir, I need to look at this chair" in a rather loud voice and he got up and left.

Now, trust me, ladies, if this guy had been elderly or disabled I would have had empathy. Unfortunately, this guy was a rude, obnoxious pr*ck and THAT behavior comes in all ages, shapes and sizes.

<rant off> Whew, that felt better! :shame:

Pursegrrl, you should have clocked him with the Saleya, knock some sense into him!

I hope you got a new chair from the back and you didn't get the one he was sitting on!

Pursegrrl, you should have clocked him with the Saleya, knock some sense into him!

I hope you got a new chair from the back and you didn't get the one he was sitting on![/quote]

elizabethk, I'm peeing my pants laughing! Yeah, when I sat down in the Former Occupied chair #3 I was thinking, eeewwwww, but it actually was super comfy.

What happened? Well, I actually did some comparison shopping at Costco Home, and ended up getting a similar chair for a fraction of the price and a couple ottomans to boot. :wlae:

rock on, sistas!!

Hey by any chance did you get the ottomans that covert into a tabletop for drinks?
If so, they sell the same exact thing at Moe's a stones throw away from Costco in SoSeattle (So. 4th St.)

That's a great store the Costco home! Glad you had a blast!

Rather he snorted "you ladies probably just want to look at my butt, right?" And he swung around in the chair. :wtf: It was in the most audacious tone I could not believe it. :yucky: I said, "actually, sir, I'm interested in possibly purchasing this chair and would like to look at it." At that point, 99.999% of the population would have gotten out of said chair. Believe me, I couldn't see much of it the way he was spilling over. He actually said "no, I bet you just want to look at my butt." OMG!!

I think this was probably just his awkward attempt at trying to flirt with you, lol! ;)