Ruby or Pink Tourmaline/Rose Zircon and diamond eternity band

vanbruntsa

purses/shoes/bling!
O.G.
Feb 16, 2008
So, I just got back my wedding ring from the jeweler and now I am already thinking of possibly getting an eternity band since my band was used in the ring. I will probably wait to get the eternity band for my 1 year anniversary...or maybe Xmas...ahaha!

This is what I think I am leaning towards and wanting to get some opinions as to what people think about perhaps putting my wedding ring with an eternity band...and I kind of want a ruby or pink tourmaline/rose zircon stone with diamonds for the eternity band. Would this be weird? Ruby is my birthstone but October's stone is Pink Tourmaline/Rose Zircon and that is the month that we are getting married in. The Ruby and the Pink Tourmaline/Rose Zircon look quite similar in color. Red/Dark pink so I think I could swing either gemstone. Some rubies are lighter than others and maybe I can just pick a lighter ruby that looks like a dark pink tourmaline or dark pink zircon. Have to see them in person.

Wanted to see what others thought about the idea....

I have attached a pic of the band that I am leaning towards. Also, have attached a pic of my wedding ring and a pic of the gemstones for the months.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,464
  • P11748599.jpg
    P11748599.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,609
  • Stones%20-%20Sunburst%20-%2012%20birthstones.jpg
    Stones%20-%20Sunburst%20-%2012%20birthstones.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 4,496
  • w2.JPG
    w2.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,617
Last edited:
If you're unsure which one, perhaps think of how hard the stones are. Ruby would be the hardest on the Mohs scale with a 9. Tourmaline is 7-7.5 and zircon is 7.5. Rubies would definitely be a better stone to withstand everyday wear compared to the others.

I love the second band with the baguette cut dark pink stones. :biggrin: