My husband refuses to help me choose which LEATHER purse should I get for fall. Help!

RacyRedhead

Luxury Junkie
Aug 24, 2008
I'm desperately trying to make up my mind about my next purchase. I've been dying to get a lush leather bag for fall, big enough to carry my daily essentials, and cute enough to add some bohemian touch to my outfits. I'm mostly into LV, but the Mahina leather is not quite what I'm looking for now.
I've got my eyes on Gucci Sukey in light brown Guccissima leather, but I have no previous experience of Guccissima leather. Based on the pictures I've seen of it, it doesn't look very soft, but on the other hand, the shape is perfect and the color is simply tdf :drool: Another option would be Mulberry Bayswater in Oak (it would be my first Mulberry). MJ also has cute brown leather purses for fall, so I've got plenty on great bags to choose from -and yet I'm more than willing to hear your suggestions. So, which arm candy should I pick on my $1400 budget?
I'm looking forward to your opinions.. each one of them is much appreciated :hugs:

Oh, I might help if I provided pictures, too :shame:
The Mulberry:
2009-01-30_123656mulberry_bayswater.jpg

...and the Gucci:
211944_AA61G_2535_001_full.jpg

MULBERRY!!!! I love it. I don't love obvious logos so the Gucci having that signature in it doesn't work for me. And I also don't like patent, so that's another strike against the Gucci.

have you thought about Balenciaga? It's definitely in your price range, the leather is TDF and there are lots of colors to choose from.. HTH =)

Hey, you're right! A Bal bag would be a great choice, too. I'm a total Balenciaga newbie, so I'm not familiar with the styles.. but when I Googled it I found this one:
Balenciaga Arena Giant Covered Day at Barneys New York
The shape is perfect and the leather looks so lush :drool: If I only found one in light/medium brown! Just my luck that Balenciaga's website is not working properly at the moment.. or is it just me or my computer that is to blame?

MULBERRY!!!! I love it. I don't love obvious logos so the Gucci having that signature in it doesn't work for me. And I also don't like patent, so that's another strike against the Gucci.

I'm not normally a huge fan of Gucci either, but there's something about this purse that makes me want it really, really bad.. are you sure it's made of patent leather? As it's really not what I'm looking for at the moment (the only shiny leather that works for me is Vernis :heart: ). Mulberry's leather looks gorgeous, even though I prefer the shape of the Gucci Sukey.

if you are looking for something more refined, i think the gucci fits the bill. personally i am not a fan of the guccissima leather because it's stiff and i don't do logos, but that's me. the bayswater is nice but it is heavy (though the guccimight be too), is more casual and i personally find it a pain to get in and out of. plus the oak will darken naturally and you have to be careful in the rain.

it would help to know more of your criteria to give you suggestions. i take it you are looking for a brown bag? how about hardware? does it need to fit over the shoulder?

Can I suggest another option?--Balenciaga City!

Now that Balenciaga's website works normally again, I've been looking through the pictures. And even though I love the design and the leather looks amazing, I just can't seem to find the perfect shade (nothing in brown, really). And would I be able to order Bal bags online anyway? I live in Northern Europe, and as fas as I know, there isn't a Balenciaga store anywhere nearby.. :confused1:

kicksarefortwids, You're probably right about the Guccissima leather; it does look stiff, but on the other hand, it might be easier to take care of. After all, I'm looking for something for the fall/winter season (and for the future, of course), so the material might get a few raindrops every now and then.
I'm really into this fall's bohemian look.. I'm looking for something that would look great with a chunky knit, relaxed jeans and boots, or even with a cute gilet. The shape and the color matter most, and I'd love it if the color was neutral enough to match with patterns (preferably brown). I own both hand-held and shoulder bags, but I tend to carry them the same way :biggrin:
Thanks for the tips about the bayswater! Now that I've read the comments, I'm starting to be more into Bal bags than Mulberry.. but I still can't get over the Gucci. What else would you suggest?

if you are looking for something more refined, i think the gucci fits the bill. personally i am not a fan of the guccissima leather because it's stiff and i don't do logos, but that's me. the bayswater is nice but it is heavy (though the guccimight be too), is more casual and i personally find it a pain to get in and out of. plus the oak will darken naturally and you have to be careful in the rain.

it would help to know more of your criteria to give you suggestions. i take it you are looking for a brown bag? how about hardware? does it need to fit over the shoulder?