Ink stain on the lining of my parker hippie!

Conchenn

Mar 1, 2008
I totally should have taken before pictures of this horrid ink stain on the lining of my parker hippie before cleaning it, but I was so spazzed I wasn't thinking. Short story: I work at a fabric store and we wear the small around the waist aprons and they have a small pocket specifically for pens. We use clicky pens at work and I accidentally left my gel ink pen clicked after work and the ink bled through the apron and smeared on the bottom of the lining of my parker hippie! I freaked out until I remembered one of our add-ons to a sale is Grandma's Secret Spot Remover...

It's just this little bottle that looks really cheesy and I always felt bad trying to sell it until several customers started coming back for several more bottles. I tried it out and guess what? ...

NO MORE INK!! :yahoo: Obviously I couldn't wash my leather purse (according to the product's instructions) but I kept rubbing it in and then sponging it out. All gone... I am sooo thrilled that my new hippie is clean again, I just had to share this with you ladies. I know we're none of us perfect, so if you ever get a pen mark (or make up even) inside your bag, I totally recommend this stuff!

Again, I'm really sorry I don't have pictures of it before the stain, but it is PRISTINE now! Looks like there wasn't any ink at all :nuts:

I have some of that Grandma's stuff just sitting around in my laundry room. I will have to keep it in mind for future incidents.
Glad it all worked out ok for ya!

Good to know. I had two teeny tiny black smudges on the lining of my BRAND NEW Dark Coral Zoe. I think it is from a Mac Cosmetics bag. I had bought some stuff that day and put it in my Zoe for a few minutes while I was balancing some other stuff in my hand. I think the dark color from the plastic bag rubbed off. It is really small but it is really bugging me. I was wondering how I should clean it. Maybe this would work. I'm going to look for it. Thanks.

Wow this sounds like awesome stuff! I've been lucky so far not to have anything spill in/on a bag (I keep pens, food, etc far away at all times) but this is a handy tip for the future! Glad it came out! :tup:

Thanks for sharing ! THat's really good to know!

Ever since I bought my Peytons I have been worried about getting ink or anything on the gorgeous legacy lining. I just ordered (like... yesterday!) the 3-pc set of the Purse To Go Organizers. I figured they would organize my bag (esp. my big bags like the Peyton!) and keep anything from getting on the lining. I bought them on the bay.

Thanks for sharing, I'm so glad your Hippie is clean again. I saw the Grandma's Secret Spot Remover at Bed Bath and Beyond the other day and thought it looked cheesy but maybe it works. I'm definitely giving it a try now, I have a very small ink stain in my Hippie lining, and I'm always managing to get ink on my clothes so this would be invaluable for me.