Do you wear stockings in the summer?

sona

Dec 24, 2008
Hi guys, I dont usually post in the wardrobe forum but Im curious to know if nude stockings are a fashion no-no in the summer. I have fine veins popping up at the back of my knees and I was hoping that nude stockings would help hide them. Any other suggestions? Thanks:smile:

Hi guys, I dont usually post in the wardrobe forum but Im curious to know if nude stockings are a fashion no-no in the summer. I have fine veins popping up at the back of my knees and I was hoping that nude stockings would help hide them. Any other suggestions? Thanks:smile:
The folks at benefit cosmetics make a great leg makeup (I forget what it is called) that will cover those pesky little veins - take it from one who's always loaded with knee bruises from various 'weekend warrior' activities!

I don't wear them ever b/c I hate pantyhose and they make me itch. I don't think it looks bad though if you want to wear them. But don't worry about your leg veins and bruises-that is just all part of being human, nobody's perfect. I doubt people are really looking that closely at your legs.

I think it looks tacky with open toe shoes. There are some stockings out there made just for that purpose - the toes are open on the end so that the stockings cant be seen in open toed shoes. Might be Spanx that makes them?