Home & Garden Replacing your duvet...

You get a brand new down comforter every season??

Hmm... I kept mine for a few years before getting a new one. Some people I Know have kept theirs even longer. I always thought with regular cleanings and stuff like that it would last for a lon time. Sometimes they start to lose the down or I had a cheap one in college that shifted a lot, but I was always under the impression if you bought a good one it would last for a long time!

You get a brand new down comforter every season??

Hmm... I kept mine for a few years before getting a new one. Some people I Know have kept theirs even longer. I always thought with regular cleanings and stuff like that it would last for a lon time. Sometimes they start to lose the down or I had a cheap one in college that shifted a lot, but I was always under the impression if you bought a good one it would last for a long time!

I think its time, I've had mine for 5 yrs now. I guess i've got my monies worth :yes:.
Plus I just went to a king bed so the queen just doesnt fit!

I do switch out the duvet cover, for spring summer and fall winter.
Just dont need one as heavy for summer as for the winter but thats about it.

By seasonally, I mean I have different weights as well as several lovely (and pricey) duvets to choose from. Heavier for cold weather, light for warmer weather. I like to get a new ones as I do not like the way down smells after being stored for a few months - GAG!