New leather on BE Couture: Matte super soft black

citychris

O.G.
Aug 5, 2006
I received a sample of a gorgeous black leather, which is very soft and smooth and seems quite lightweight. I asked about ordering a bag in this leather and it has been added as an option on BE Couture (although no pics. yet). I'll try post pics. of my sample soon!

that's so helpful --- thanks citychris. i'm on perpetual hunt for a great staple black bag. i'd really like to find a supple black similar to rm's night leather. i sold my nikki so i wonder what's comparable in be leathers. i loved its slight sheen, softness and ability to puddle right out of the box.

Is the soft black the same one as Tash's TMA? I have always prefered a jet black leather just like the pebbled except matte. That is the one thing BE has never had and I would be excited to see it.

Is the soft black the same one as Tash's TMA? I have always prefered a jet black leather just like the pebbled except matte. That is the one thing BE has never had and I would be excited to see it.

No, I believe Tash's TMA is charcoal, which is a greyish black and not as soft as this soft black matte leather (based on a charcoal TMA that I saw). It is a true black.

Here are some pics.:

1) soft black matte sample after I scratched it as hard as I could with my fingernails
2) after conditioning with apple care conditioner (no more scratches)
3) no flash

Attachments

• 1softblackmattehand1scratch.JPG
    1softblackmattehand1scratch.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 2softblackmattehand2.JPG
    2softblackmattehand2.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 3noflashsoftblackmatte.JPG
    3noflashsoftblackmatte.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 75
And here are comparisons of soft black matte with black pebbled glossy. The last pic. was taken without a flash. Soft black matte is very slighty textured but overall quite smooth.

Attachments

• 4matte&pebbledblack1.JPG
    4matte&pebbledblack1.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 5matte&pebbledblack2.JPG
    5matte&pebbledblack2.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 6noflashmatte&pebbledblack.JPG
    6noflashmatte&pebbledblack.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 67
Chris...it looks like this is a deep, dark black..would you say that is the case? I mean not dusty black or any grey...but rich deep black?

Thanks for taking the time to do testing and such wonderful pics!