oh no! my poor ivory bianca :*(

Sep 5, 2008
the beautiful lambskin leather is forming this weird pebble like pattern and YELLOWING in the creases and drying up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive worn it twice, TWICE! it was my most beloved even though not my most pricey, it has the SOFEST leather of any bag i have!

what is going wrong? how do i clean and condition it? will the weird pebble pattern wrinkles go away? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im so upset!

i discovered this while uncovering and 'checking up' on my purses today :sad:

and another sad thing, my brand new mini vixen hobo that i havent worn in pearlized taupe, a tiny part of the pearlized leather has a gooey substance and it is peeling off WITH the pearlized color leather

:confused1::Push::sad:

this is karma cuz i cheated on botkier and bought another designer, isnt it?

killerstrawbery, I don't know what is happening with the gooey substance issue. Based on my own mistakes with delicate leather (I tried cleaning a bag and made a bad situation much worse), you may want to take your bag to a local handbag repair merchant or contact Botkier and ask what they recommend to fix the problem. Good luck!

I'm late chiming in but I had the same problem within the past week with a cobalt vixen. That goo is a coating that makes the bag pearlized. It eventually peels off like snake skin. I went from one small spot to many areas of peeling/goo in a few days.

I would be very careful putting anything on that bag until you contact Botkier. I completely ruined my beautiful brand new vixen trying to correct the problem myself.

I hope you also post an update as to what happened.

I had an ivory bianca and sold it because after using it twice it got very dirty and yellowish in a few spots. I knew if I used it longer it would only get worse and I would get much less for it. A shame because its a beautiful bag with incredible leather but much to delicate.

I returned my Bianca to Bloomingdales when it started becoming gray on the corners and looking extremely worn out within just a couple of weeks of purchase.

I don't remember the name of the color but it was a sort of pearlized whiskey color. The Bloomies SA said they had had some issues with the finish on some of those pearlized bags.

I have had many different bags than Botkier in my life and I expect them to hold up more than a couple of weeks, no matter how delicate the leather. I think this should be classified a manufacturing defect rather than just an issue of delicate leather.

I have other lambskin bags that don't get ruined just from normal use. Lambskin is, after all, a type of leather. It's not as if it is silk.

killerstrawberry, were you ever able to resolve the issue? I noticed my white snake sasha is starting to develop yellow spots too. At first I thought I had stained it and tried to clean it but it's not coming off. Then I noticed it in more areas too. :s I used AppleGarde cleaner to try to clean it but it's still there. I guess I will contact Botkier to see what they say.

killerstrawberry, were you ever able to resolve the issue? I noticed my white snake sasha is starting to develop yellow spots too. At first I thought I had stained it and tried to clean it but it's not coming off. Then I noticed it in more areas too. :s I used AppleGarde cleaner to try to clean it but it's still there. I guess I will contact Botkier to see what they say.

oh no! I have a white snake sasha too but haven't noticed yellowing yet. I also haven't used it since winter, so maybe I should take a look at it. Eek!