Benefit's Hello Flawless

So it hides your blemishes? I have some scars I really want to cover.

Being buildable, does it look thick when it's built up? Risking sounding like I want my cake and eat it, I don't really want to look like I have tons of makeup on my face.

I have a few light freckles on my cheek and it hides them pretty well. Whenever I do layer it on, it doesnt look cakey, but I usually buff it in really well with a flat top brush. I also finish my look off with the Evian Hydrating water spray to make everything look natural. Hope this helps!

It is a godsend! It doesn't look thick at all even after building up. As long as you have the right shade, which I recommend going to your local Benefit counter to get matched.

I have some old acne scars on my cheeks and it does hide them pretty well. I am pretty smooth and clear on the rest of my face so what I do is spot coverage with the sponge on the scars to give them more camouflage...then I sweep the rest of my face with it using a powder brush....I don't use the brush that came with the compact because I think it sucks (it sheds!), so I use the powder brush that came with my Benefit Betty Brushes Up on Beauty makeup bag. I find that not using the sponge all over (if you don't need the added coverage), makes the product go further...which I like coz the $34 is tough on the wallet!

For even more coverage, I use their You Rebel tinted moisturizer beforehand which looks nice and still natural underneath the Hello Flawless.

I did replace the sponge it came with after a month or so of daily use, to keep it all hygienic and stuff. I bought Sonia Kashuk from Target's square makeup sponges as a replacement and works just as well. Not sure if Benefit sells replacement sponges.

Last edited:
I tried it for two weeks and didn't like it at all. I rarely return a product, but back it went. It looked very cakey on me, like it was just sitting on my skin even using a primer or a TM. Also the lightest color was a tad too dark for me. I really tried to make myself like it, but it was a no go, even thought the texture was great. I went back to my Dior powders.

gina1023, do you know the reason? I don't mean to pry but is it because of your type of skin? I heard the sponge can make the coverage build up so maybe you would look less cakey by using a brush?

I have oily skin and tried with a brush (not the one included) and the sponge. I think the reason it looked so obvious on me was due to the color being too dark. I've been using a Diorskin Nude loose foundation and a Diorskin Forever compact foundation (not together, I tend to swap between the two) for a while and never had the cakey-this is just sitting on my face look.

For those of you who have tried and liked it, anyone has pimple scars and found that Hello Flawless covers them well?

I had a new zit two days ago (boo) that is on the healing stage now but it still looks red and a little bumpy...so I used some of their Erase Paste (which I usually just use for my undereye circles) on it, blend, and then topped it off with a sponge application of the hello flawless. And it's pretty camouflaged without fake looking.

I LOVE this powder. I like how you can build the coverage up and it actually lasts.
The only thing I don't like is the packaging is very deceiving, there isn't that much produce in the package and the price is kinda high. I would totally buy it when it runs out.