Does heat stamping take away value?

Texas Girl

Jul 21, 2006
I'm about to have my 2nd lv item heat stamped. Do you think this takes away a lot of value from the piece? Just wondering...I plan on keeping these items forever, agenda and wallet, I don't want to have any of my handbags stamped, just these small personal items. Whaddaya think?

I guess it would detract from the resale value but since you are keeping them I think it adds personal value. I love heat stamping and want to get my Speedy stamped. :flowers:

I've wondered this too. I think if you are going to keep them then why not? If I were interested in a bag and it was heat stamped with someone else's initals I would probably pass.

Most definitely if you plan to ever resell it- however, for luggage pieces, the MC Noe, and some Antigua bags the leather address tags make a great, removable place to put a heatstamp and are easily replaceable.

I agree - having the item heat stamped will reduce the resell value, but since you don't care since you want to keep them, I'd do it! Have you taken a look at the "heatstamp club" in the lv clubhouse?! A lot of those heatstamps look SO nice!!!

I definitely think it's worth it, especially on smaller items. Most small accessories aren't worth reselling anyway. I don't think I'd ever want to sell my bags (although I'm a boy so styles don't change as often) but I would think that if it was a super big deal, the price it costs to have Louis Vuitton replace the leather might be a good investment versus the loss of resell value. A rare bag with perfect leather would fetch quite a bit more than a super-used one, I would suspect. :smile:

I definitely think it's worth it, especially on smaller items. Most small accessories aren't worth reselling anyway. I don't think I'd ever want to sell my bags (although I'm a boy so styles don't change as often) but I would think that if it was a super big deal, the price it costs to have Louis Vuitton replace the leather might be a good investment versus the loss of resell value. A rare bag with perfect leather would fetch quite a bit more than a super-used one, I would suspect. :smile:

Agreed. :jammin:

I never thought of it that way. You're so smart!!:king: