My first LV mishap ....

Aug 10, 2006
Hi all,

I know this could be a lot worse, but I figured I'd share with everyone. I just purchased a damier speedy recently and have been using it religiously -- I absolutely love it! However, last night, while I was doing the usual 'modeling' in front of the mirror with it, I noticed there was a white spot on the dark brown piping on the side of the bag. I'm not talking about the canvas, but the leather piping on one side. It was at least an inch long, and white in color. I noticed it because I'm so anal and obsessive about my bags, but also because you can definitely notice the white on the brown background. Needless to say, I was a little shocked and sad at the same time.

I tried scratching it off, hoping the white paint or whatever would rub off, but it didn't. I was praying it wasn't the brown leather that was scratched off and left a white background behind. So I carefully wet a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol and touched the white spot ever so gently. Turns out it came right off with no problems! I was so happy and relieved. I know it's not the greatest LV story, but I figured I'd share since I know some of you probably have experienced the same panic situation before!

Thanks guys ... I just love tPF ... it feels good knowing I'm not the only one with an obsessive problem! :sweatdrop:

Phew! Glad it all worked out! The white mark probably came from that part of your bag accidentally scraping against something like a white wall. Thanks for sharing your story! Now others know what they can try if the same thing happens to them! Continue enjoying your damier speedy! Love it!

heh, i like to model my bags too (;

anyways, i'm so glad for ya too, was worried when i was reading your story. it's a happy ending! i'm obsessive about the conditions of my bags too and a white spot would have had me in a state!

the daimer speedy is sooooooo on my wish list!