Help! I spilled red wine on my new longchamp!

trc11

Jul 10, 2009
I just recently bought a pink lonchamp le pliage bag in France and on the flight home my dad got red wine and it spilled and it got down the side of my bag. I tried using soap and water, but didn't really come out. I don't want to put it in the washing machine because i am afraid that it will ruin the leather. Please help me!

Last edited:
I just recently bought a pink lonchamp le pliage bag in France and on the flight home my dad got red wine and it spilled and it got down the side of my bag. I tried using soap and water, but didn't really come out. I don't want to put it in the washing machine because i am afraid that it will ruin the leather. Please help me!

You are in luck...the exact same thing happened to me in the airport a few weeks ago wth my new Le Pliage. This is what I did: I sprayed (more like saturated) the bag with a great product called Wine Away, and then wiped off the handles with a soft rag and used a regular leather cleaner and conditioner on them. The leather is fine, and the bag looks brand new!

You can get wine away on Amazon or at drugstore.com. Here's the product home page:

http://www.wineaway.com/

Hope this helps!! :smile: And don't worry, it will come out...just don't put the bag in the laundry, you are right, you will ruin the leather!!

Okay I will! I actually found it in a closet in my house so I will try that! My grandmother is really good with cleaning things (she can basically get stains out of EVERYTHING) so I am going to have her try clean it with the Wine Away because I'm not very good with stains haha!

My grandmother cleaned all of the stains out of my bag! She didn't use the wine away (which i am sure would have worked) she just used like a dishwasher soap with water and then wiped it down and it all came out! I am so excited to have my bag back! :smile: