Are there TWO different Almond leathers??? I think so!

Indybop

O.G.
Nov 24, 2007
Okay, so maybe call me crazy again... LOL, but me thinks there are definitely TWO different Almond leathers. I owned a Almond studded devote for a day (too heavy and not in love with the leather) and now own an Almond MAB and not only are the textures completely different, the color is different too! The Almond Stud Devote was smooth, shiny, more rigid and more orangey and my new Almond MAB is a complete puddle of smooshiness, matte, pebbled and more of a true tan, no orange here. Strange!

Attachments

• Devote_leather.jpg
    Devote_leather.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 94
  • A-texture3.JPG
    A-texture3.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 100
I have a Almond stud nikki and it is definitely the leather from the first pic. It's relatively smooth, shiny and definitely has an orange tinge. But I wouldn't call it rigid. It completely falls apart when I put it down.

But yes, I argee that there are multiple almonds. My theory is the studded bags have a different leather than the regular Almond bags. I have seen an Almond mini mini on TPF that looked nothing like my leather.

Last edited:
Hmmm... yeah, maybe they had to use a different stronger/thicker leather for the stud bags? That might explain it. :thinking: I didn't mean Almond stud was a rigid bag (like a patent), just much more rigid than my new almond mab. It was a much thicker leather.

I think there was a thread on this, let me find it. But yes there are two versions/variations in almond. One is smooth, and slightly glossed, and the other is matte and pebbled.

Hmmmm, the almond stud nikki I had was matte, smoothly pebbled and sooo very soft and fell apart too. The thing that intrigues me is the color differences. indy, your MAB looks so much browner than the orangey almond nikki...

Hmmm... yeah, maybe they had to use a different stronger/thicker leather for the stud bags? That might explain it. :thinking: I didn't mean Almond stud was a rigid bag (like a patent), just much more rigid than my new almond mab. It was a much thicker leather.

i agree, the studs are heavy and would weigh down the leather. they probably just used a sturdier leather?

It's not surprising to hear that there are leather variations. It's not uncommon. In the past there was a discovery of two different mink leathers, one being super smooshy and the other being notoriously stiff.