Silly Ebay Questions

Northergirl

Jun 6, 2009
Good Morning,

I'm new at the whole ebay bidding thing so bear with me. I found a bag that I really like but it's a buy it now only ( they have 5 of the same bag in stock). I personally think the price they're asking for is a little high. Now would it be rude to send them a mesage saying I want the bag and I'd be will to pay this price if they were intersted in selling it to me for the price I offered, or is the price I see that's the price don't bother negotiiating.

Did you search ebay for other listings for the same purse and see who else is selling it at what price? If it seems high then you should make a *reasonable* offer based on their asking price. Worse they can do is say no.

Make sure you do get it authenticated first at the forum. For me, five of the same bags raise a big red flag. If they do accept your offer, try use pp with cc. GL.

Thanks everyone for all the advise. After doing all the research I sent the person a very reasonable offer (not a low ball one) two days has passed and I've heard from them. How do I know if they set auto-decline and haven't read my message?
Thanks

You can't auto-decline a message sent from an eBay member. Either they haven't seen the message yet or are just ignoring you.

Did you get the bag authenticated? What type of bag is it?

You can't auto-decline a message sent from an eBay member. Either they haven't seen the message yet or are just ignoring you.

Did you get the bag authenticated? What type of bag is it?

Yes, the bag has been authenticated and the seller is a very reputable seller here at TPF. It's an Hampton Optic Signature Stripe Carryall (Khaki) 13337 with a match wallet 41252.

I had the same thing happen to me just today. I have bag up for auction and someone sent me a message asking if I'd take a different amount (1/2 of the listing price). I sent a message back saying that I'd do a meet-in-the-middle of 75% of the asking price...haven't heard back. As long as the offers are reasonable and as long as you make sure the bag is authentic (the "I have 5 of these bags" is DEFINITELY a red flag), then I don't see a problem. :smile:

I had the same thing happen to me just today. I have bag up for auction and someone sent me a message asking if I'd take a different amount (1/2 of the listing price). I sent a message back saying that I'd do a meet-in-the-middle of 75% of the asking price...haven't heard back. As long as the offers are reasonable and as long as you make sure the bag is authentic (the "I have 5 of these bags" is DEFINITELY a red flag), then I don't see a problem. :smile:

yes...5 of the same Coach bag says one of 2 things to me: either they are selling fakes or they are one of the Coach outlet hogs/resellers!