Plz VOTE - which color/leather for SO large capri

SO large capri - but which color/leather??

• Matita goatskin

• Ferro nappa

• Ossidato

• Hey, what about _______?

Results are only viewable after voting.
OMG, I just saw the Ottone Roma and it is gorgy!!!

OK, now I guess I am gonna pick between Ottone and Ossidato!! (talking about change of heart!!!)

Juda, SO in exotic skin will be so out of my budget, and I am not too into the 2-color combo, I saw some pics of some 2-color combo on the reference page and not liking them, just not me I guess.

HELLO!!!! that is what i said. ottone ottone ottone:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

am i the only one? ottone and peltro combination

Before you SO a Capri in one of your choices, I wonder if you could take a look at the ossidato Cabat? You can have it sent on approval. Then you could see for yourself if you like it. blueiris loves her small ossidato Cabat and she may be able to reassure you about the open top.

But if a Capri is what you really want to SO, I'd go with ossidato. It's a very durable finish and leather, and you won't have to baby it. I don't worry about my ossidato Cabat being in the rain or setting it down on the floor. It's a very special leather finish due to the distressed/antiqued finish of the leather, and it looks good with virtually every color.

Good luck with your decision!

For the money, i have to agree with the ladies who say get a small cabat in ossidato rather than SOing a capri in the same.... unless you really like the hardware. to me the ossidato is blingy enough that i think the hardware would make it too much if you know what i mean. but then i am drawn to BV for the non=blingy factor.

i remember a discussion a while back where someone had gone to a high end shoe store and had ties or snaps put into their cabat so that it stayed tucked and/or was not so open. (of course BV does not sanction this) i use an H Garden Party all the time, and put my chameleon purse liner inside the bag bag inside the GP. not elegant, but more secure.

Attachments

• CIMG1261.JPG
    CIMG1261.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 47
  • CIMG1263.JPG
    CIMG1263.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 40
I voted on my personal preference--Matita--but you have to decide what's best for you. sounds like you love the metallic look. For an SO, get the color you LOVE.

I don't want to be a spoiler, but Ossidato SO will probably not get approved. I tried already and SA said that they are out of material for ossidato.

I vote for the Barcelona Ossidato mini Cabat.

Hi, but I have much different thoughts than everyone else..but why would you SO a bag that has been discontinued, paying a charge of I think 30% above retail , when the bag has been discounted at least 50% off retail..and the style does not really offer you much closure on top..for the most part it will be open..unless you already have 1 and you are so in love with the style..I just don't know how much value it will have, unless you don't care..

The style was 50% off but I am not into any of the originally made, available colors. I don't think that discount will lower the value of an SO bag since I am requesting it in colors never made available. I mean, in the past certain colors sloane were on sale too, and I don't think that itsel lower the value of the sloane either.

Oh, I sensed that there are some hardcore cabat fans here!!!

I was considering the mini ossidato cabat, but I worry that the bag is too open, VERY open. And I am not sure if mini cabat is comfy on shoulder.

I have tried the large Capri on shoulder and it feels comfy, and I do like the hardware. Sometime i also wonder if the look of the mini cabat seems a little too simple. But I am starting to think that ossidato with the hardware on large Capri will be too much going on.

Maybe a mini ossidato cabat + SO ottone large Capri ! (if I can afford!)

And no, due to the weight of the Roma I am not considering Roma, I tried it on my shoulder, but it really isn't a shoulder bag, and it's heavy!

Mini/small/asian ossidato cabat would be my vote. Didn't I tell you it's oh my goodness worth it? My ebano mini is definitely not too simple, not too open, and comfy on a shoulder. Where is blueiris? We need your wise words!!

If you must SO the large capri, I'd say ottone. I'm very happy with my ottone SO.

(Mid-, I'm here! My workday nearly killed me :faint:)

Hikarupanda, if you're comparing the small Cabat with the large Capri, I'm not sure that the Cabat is that much more open. I've never seen a Capri in real life, but my sense is that it has a simple fastening at the midsection only. The way I carry my Cabat on my shoulder, my arm falls over the midsection exactly where the closure would be on the Capri. Both bags would be open on the ends. I don't know how the Capri compares to the Cabat lengthwise, but when I'm wearing my Cabat on the shoulder, it's actually not that open because the bag ends up being snug against my body as I carry it.

Ottone and platino ossidato are very different in personality, I think (I've compared them in person side-by-side). It's hard to recommend colors to others because it's all a matter of personal taste. They're both excellent choices, so it really depends on the look you want.

As goldenflower mentioned, the platino ossidato is very durable (it's Barcelona calf, not nappa). I wanted a workhorse bag, and I'm glad I chose it--it has a weathered appearance and a very sturdy feel. That said, it's heavier than nappa. Ottone is goatskin, and it, too, is heavier than nappa, I think.

Doing an SO large ottone Capri or going with a small platino ossidato Cabat--both are going to be significant investments, so if there's any way you could see the colors and/or try on a Cabat, I'd encourage you to do so. I was fortunate enough to be able to see and try on my platino ossidato Cabat before buying, and that helped a lot. I love the simplicity of the Cabat and I like the easy access with the open top. But it's your bag, and if you're not comfortable with the Cabat design, don't spend the moola on it and go with the large Capri instead.

Good luck deciding!

^ Thanks ladies. I just submitted the order for a large capri in Ottone, and in Matita. I decided that the ossidato will be too overwhelming for the large capri style.

As for a mini ossidato cabat, I am going to think very hard about it. I have only seen it in the medium size, unfortunately here we don't have the mini in store for me to try it out. But anyways, I still feel unsure about the cabat. I don't know why, I just have doubt about it. I know when you carry it it will be under your arm and won't be all open. But when you put it down, doesn't it just look really open that you can see everything inside?

I have been trying to think what is holding me back from the cabat besides the openness. I think I feel that the cabat is too "basket" looking, and I am not sure if I am ready to spend $$$$ for a basket, KWIM?
the capri is more...."finished looking with the hardware. I feel that the handles/straps of the cabat is kinda....boring.....the hardware on the capri's straps make the bag looks more finished. KWIM?

BUT who knows, I may change my mind tomorrow!!!

Last edited:
^ Thanks ladies. I just submitted the order for a large capri in Ottone, and in Matita. I decided that the ossidato will be too overwhelming for the large capri style.

As for a mini ossidato cabat, I am going to think very hard about it. I have only seen it in the medium size, unfortunately here we don't have the mini in store for me to try it out. But anyways, I still feel unsure about the cabat. I don't know why, I just have doubt about it. I know when you carry it it will be under your arm and won't be all open. But when you put it down, doesn't it just look really open that you can see everything inside?

I have been trying to think what is holding me back from the cabat besides the openness. I think I feel that the cabat is too "basket" looking, and I am not sure if I am ready to spend $$$$ for a basket, KWIM?
the capri is more...."finished looking with the hardware. I feel that the handles/straps of the cabat is kinda....boring.....the hardware on the capri's straps make the bag looks more finished. KWIM?

BUT who knows, I may change my mind tomorrow!!!

If you have this much doubt about the Cabat, or simply don't like it, there's nothing wrong with that. We all have our own preferences. :yes:

Good luck with your SO approval process!

I will def. keep you all updated on the SO. I got a feeling the ottone one will get approved. Not sure about Matita, maybe that too.

If they approve both, it will be tough since I do like both but I think Ottone would probably be the winner, my true love!

I have to say I still like the Ossidato, it's just that ossidato with the capri hardware may look too overwhelming. If I ever get the mini cabat it will have to be the ossidato. While I have doubt about the cabat, I think ossidato is THE perfect color for the cabat!