Getting LV Painted at the LV Store.

clarissa74

Jun 21, 2009
Hello,
I have a few Louis Vuitton hardcase items.

I am thinking of getting my initals put onto each bag. I was also thinking of getting a strip put onto the side. As my ancestory is from the former Soviet Republic - Ukraine - I was thinking of using the country colors of Blue & Yellow as the color choice.

A few questions;-

1) Is LV able to paint LV that is a few years old? Or does LV only paint new pieces you buy at the store?
2) What are the approximate costs?
3) Does customisation damage the used price? ie. does it greatly reduce the worth of the item if I want to sell it later?

Kind regards,

Hello,
I have a few Louis Vuitton hardcase items.

I am thinking of getting my initals put onto each bag. I was also thinking of getting a strip put onto the side. As my ancestory is from the former Soviet Republic - Ukraine - I was thinking of using the country colors of Blue & Yellow as the color choice.

A few questions;-

1) Is LV able to paint LV that is a few years old? Or does LV only paint new pieces you buy at the store? Yes they will paint it, even if its a couple years old.
2) What are the approximate costs? Sorry I am not sure but if you call 1800 vuitton they could tell you, or another tPFer will prob know, but depending on exactly what you want, it will differ...( I would assume)
3) Does customisation damage the used price? ie. does it greatly reduce the worth of the item if I want to sell it later? If you put initials on it, yes its going to decrease the value since the buyer will most likely not have your same initials. :biggrin:

Kind regards,
1) Is LV able to paint LV that is a few years old? Or does LV only paint new pieces you buy at the store? Yes they will paint it, even if its a couple years old.2) What are the approximate costs? Sorry I am not sure but if you call 1800 vuitton they could tell you, or another tPFer will prob know, but depending on exactly what you want, it will differ...( I would assume)

3) Does customisation damage the used price? ie. does it greatly reduce the worth of the item if I want to sell it later? If you put initials on it, yes its going to decrease the value since the buyer will most likely not have your same initials. :biggrin:

i had this done. it is a free service for all hard sided suitcases. up to two stripes of varying sizes and colors and any initials you prefer. if you want a family crest or something, there is some sort of charge. also make sure to ask them to polish all the brass if you do decide to with this, that is also free and they do an amazing job. they even mailed my suitcase back to me in a new dustbag for free from NYC.

Kodi-

Hello,
Talking to my SA at LV I was advised that the "polishing brass" service was no longer available for hardcase owners.

I am very dissappointed to hear this has changed since I paid huge money for some hardcase pieces a few years ago.

Why has LV gone..... argh... CHEAP.

I don't think this is fair in the slightest.

i had this done. it is a free service for all hard sided suitcases. up to two stripes of varying sizes and colors and any initials you prefer. if you want a family crest or something, there is some sort of charge. also make sure to ask them to polish all the brass if you do decide to with this, that is also free and they do an amazing job. they even mailed my suitcase back to me in a new dustbag for free from NYC.

Kodi-