Public Enemies

dbtbandit67

Gemini Sith
Oct 29, 2008
Michael Mann is the man!

I thought Heat was one of the greatest movies in the post-90s era, Ali was another personal favorite of mine. Manhunter had its moments (needed more Brian Cox, the guy casted as Will Graham was terrible), Collateral was OK

I've heard mixed reviews so far. Basically, don't go in expecting another Heat and there are far fewer action scenes than Transformers (that movie sucked). Sometimes I think reading a review before a movie is a bad thing. But then again I know what to expect.

Anyone seen it?

I wanted to, but the only good review I saw was Rolling Stone....... and he made it seem like The Dark Knight, which redefined Overrated to me, so.... I'm more cautious about this one..

Though, yes, Heat is def on my top three favorite films EVER!

I saw Public Enemies last night and i found it kinda disappointing! I thought it would be more mafia but all i can remember is all the blasting from the machine guns. I literally jumped a few times from all the loudness of the shooting scenes. My boyfriend didn't find it that great either! Too many of the characters looked the same and i kept getting confused/bored! Some people even walked out! The story had potential although based on a true story and it came out pretty flat. There was some funny parts and Johnny Depp was great!

I saw Public Enemies last night and i found it kinda disappointing! I thought it would be more mafia but all i can remember is all the blasting from the machine guns. I literally jumped a few times from all the loudness of the shooting scenes. My boyfriend didn't find it that great either! Too many of the characters looked the same and i kept getting confused/bored! Some people even walked out! The story had potential although based on a true story and it came out pretty flat. There was some funny parts and Johnny Depp was great!

mann made it about his last days

he should have shot a movie about dillinger in his prime when him baby face nelson and pretty boy floyd were all together

Can somebody tell me, what does Billie say to John while she is lounging in the bath tub? She said something along the lines of "get in here"... but I heard something weird. Anyone remember?

mann made it about his last days

he should have shot a movie about dillinger in his prime when him baby face nelson and pretty boy floyd were all together

Ohhh ok thanks! I wish we did get to see more bank robberies though. They actually mentioned something on the bottom of the screen today on CNN about Dillinger but i missed it! I'm assuming its the same guy or i'm going to look really stupid right now LOL

I saw it last night, and it was GREAT! I was jumpinh up and down on my seat all the time, it was so exciting!

When John gave Billie the big box I said out loud "It's a fur coat! I bet it's a fur coat!", Oh yeah! was I right or what?

I love Johnny Depp, and hubby promised me if I ever meet him (yeah like it's possible haha), it's ok to french kiss him....

i thought it was confusing too!! I couldn't distinguish among all the characters-- only Depp and Bale... The rest of the movie was just a bunch of machine gun shooting to me. the 3 guys I saw it with really liked it though!