Authenticate This Prada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
This thread is for discussion on authenticity of PRADA bags.

Please follow the following rules:

• Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about Prada.

• This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:​

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request, and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.

• Authenticators may also request additional pictures and/or information in order to assist with authentication. Please remember, it is always useful to have several close up pictures when submitting an item for authentication.

NOTE: In the absence of an auction listing (private sale situations), posters to this thread are encouraged to provide the following extra pictures, which need to be large and really sharp. It is recommended to use the macro function of the camera:

- Front view of bag
    - Zipper & its end
    - Hardware
    - Clear picture of the interior lining
    - Base of the handles

• Please do not intervene to confront a troll or rudeness on the boards, just use the REPORT function (
    report.gif
    button) to alert the mods, and let them handle it from there. In the meantime, just ignore the poster until a mod can intervene.

• Always be respectful when you post and treat others as you expect to be treated. This is an open thread and everyone is welcome to participate.

• Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

• Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Thanks so much for adding these two items to the new thread, Swanky. I personally will not respond to authentication requests via PM. It's entirely too time consuming. I check this thread several times during the day, so in most cases I will get to a request on this thread fairly quickly.

Hi, today i received my Prada Saffiano Lux bag which ive won from ebay.
The first thing i noticed was the triangle metal tag on the front of the bag.
While its background colour corresponds with colour of the bag, the "R" lettering disturbs me. The right leg does not have the diamond shape. Must ALL the Rs in Prada logo comes with the diamond extension at the right leg?

Hi ladies, I just ordered this bag from Neiman Marcus and it came to me today with no authenticity cards, a sticker inside the bag, and the, excuse me, cheesiest shoulder strap I have ever seen on a Prada so my instant thought is, is this a fake someone returned to neimans? The bag doesn't look bad to me (being a total non expert) but the removable shoulder strap is what bothers me, no where on it does it say prada. If you could please authenticate or not authenticate the bag and strap and give me some advice if either or both are fake on how to deal with Neimans. Thank you so kindly for all your help.

Anne

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn94/abummy/

Hi ladies, I just ordered this bag from Neiman Marcus and it came to me today with no authenticity cards, a sticker inside the bag, and the, excuse me, cheesiest shoulder strap I have ever seen on a Prada so my instant thought is, is this a fake someone returned to neimans? The bag doesn't look bad to me (being a total non expert) but the removable shoulder strap is what bothers me, no where on it does it say prada. If you could please authenticate or not authenticate the bag and strap and give me some advice if either or both are fake on how to deal with Neimans. Thank you so kindly for all your help.

Anne

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn94/abummy/

It's authentic. The sticker may have been put there b/c there were no cards. The cards have the barcode they scan to ring up the purchase.

As for cheap, those bags have always looked flimsy to me.

Hi, today i received my Prada Saffiano Lux bag which ive won from ebay.
The first thing i noticed was the triangle metal tag on the front of the bag.
While its background colour corresponds with colour of the bag, the "R" lettering disturbs me. The right leg does not have the diamond shape. Must ALL the Rs in Prada logo comes with the diamond extension at the right leg?

you need to post pics, its hard to tell without.

Status
Not open for further replies.