How do you decide on what bag to get?

chris7891

O.G.
Sep 22, 2008
This is my dilemma right now. There are 3 bags that I want equally.
I can only buy one, and i'm having the hardest time deciding on what bag to get. How do you guys decide on what bag to get?

Thanks!

Well, I'd probably try and decide based on which would be most useful for my needs or pick the one that was least like what I already had for variation.

Which bags are trying to choose between? Maybe someone here has some of them and give you some pros or cons to them???

I research them all as much as I can online, and then most recently, I post the choices on a TPF thread to see what others think based on their experiences with the bags. Others' experiences with the bags, positive and negative, have really helped me make my decisions. TPF is invaluable in that way, especially if you are having an indecisive moment, LOL!

I'm no expert on any of them but one thing I do take into consideration is whether I'm looking at a classic of the house or if it is a special of the season. I bought my Harlequin because once gone it was unlikely to come back and put off a Boston bag till another time.
I just figure if one of them may be gone by the end of the season, that may also matter to you. But again, no expert

I'm no expert on any of them but one thing I do take into consideration is whether I'm looking at a classic of the house or if it is a special of the season. I bought my Harlequin because once gone it was unlikely to come back and put off a Boston bag till another time.
I just figure if one of them may be gone by the end of the season, that may also matter to you. But again, no expert

Notice it with my heart then check it with my head.

Research it.

See it IRL.

Then decide. (Sometimes this means 'sleeping on it' and returning to the shop another day to buy it or not and sometimes knowing absolutely then and there yes or no)

If I'm still undecided or I just can't manage it financially then the answer is No.

When trying to decide on which bag to get next, I look at my current collection. I try to figure out if it needs color, a larger/smaller size, new designer, etc.
Out of the three you listed, which of the designers do you already have/not have?
You cant go wrong with a Balenciaga! GL deciding:smile:

^Great advice!

For me, I like to research the bag on TPF, and then take a bit of a "breather" to see if I really will be able to make use of the bag(s) in question (will it work with my wardobe, am I getting the best price possible, is it high quality, etc.) I also take into account the price of the bag vs. the amount of use I will get out of it. This means that I won't spend nearly as much on a small evening clutch as I will on a red hobo (red is my "go-to" color).

Finally, I try very hard not to impulse buy. That is perhaps the ultimate no-no. It never ends well. ;)

Thanks everyone for the great tips! I'm going to do tons of research and decide what bag I want the most. I'm starting a new job soon, so I thought on my first business trip I would treat myself!