Newbie to Chloe - Just got an Aubergine Paddy

TravelBug

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
Hi ladies ... I was one of the lucky ladies who got an aubergine paddy from NAP last week. Can I tell you I LOVE this bag? The color is just amazing, it changes in different light but mostly it's this rich dark brown with a purple tint to it. Anyway, the only thing is it is heavy!! The bag itself is very heavy, probably due to the leather. I had always been intrigued by the paddy but I am not much of a gold person and I wasn't sure about the huge padlock. But seeing the lovely aubergine paddy with silver hardware, and the 50% off price I knew I had to get it, and I am so glad I did.

I wore it yesterday when I went shopping with DH. When I set the bag down on the floor in the car, he looked over, and said 'Wow, there is a HUUUGE padlock on your bag!' like someone telling you you have something on your teeth or something. :lol: I cracked up and said 'Yeah it's a huge padlock alright'. Then he just shrugged and went on his way. :P Men, they are so clueless!:rolleyes:

It is so great to hear you are enjoying your bag!!! Congrats!! :yahoo:

Re: padlocks & men...

DH & I were putting our wines into a storage facility. Well dummy me forgot that they said we had to bring our own padlock. So there we are staring at our entire wine collection in a metal cage, no lock on hand.

HELLO CHLOE!!! :nuts:

DH was finally greatful for spending habits. :graucho:

Travelbug I am so glad you like your aubergine, it is such a pretty color.
And yes, they are heavy but we love them anyway. My DH does not get the appeal of having a lock on a bag at all.

Only temporarily :yes:

We ran to the store and grabbed a real lock. I figured it was a long shot that another girl with a paddy in hand would have a wine locker-- but I love my lock ON my bag. LOL!!

TB, I am so glad you are thrilled with augerbine. When you took her out, did you just pet her and stare at her the whole time?? :graucho: I love new bags!! :shame:

:roflmfao: :lol: :roflmfao: That's a really funny story!! You did leave your Chloe padlock there???

I'm happy you are liking your paddy... Paddy's are All heavy but they are less so if you leave the lock off. Some people would frown on this practice but I almost always carry mine without the lock. I agree about the aubergine colour, and I think I understand why it's called metallise, it really looks like metal in the daylight! It does change so with lighting & goes with everything I've worn so far... I Love it!!

TB, I am so glad you are thrilled with augerbine. When you took her out, did you just pet her and stare at her the whole time?? :graucho: I love new bags!! :shame:

I found myself looking in the mirror a lot and checking the bag out when we were out shopping! People probably thought I was narcistic! :lol: