Food Cupcakes = My New Obsession

Thanks for the sweet comments ladies. I've had really good feedback from my taste-testers (neighbours/family) and without even formally advertising yet I've got 2 weddings and 2 birthdays booked, and an order for 6 dozen mini cupcakes for July 1st. Woot!

Mr Wood... Ken Wood (aka my new mixer) should arrive today and I've an order for embossers, sugar paste, cutters, moulds, veiners, petal & lustre dust, brushes, piping bags, tips, the list goes on, coming before the weekend so I'm planning on really throwing myself into it when everything's arrived. My poor DH... our unit and all available storage space has been taken over by cupcakery goodies, and it's all I can think/talk about. But he's a winner in all this. Free cuppies for life and (given this is my new obsession) I'm no longer focused on the latest, greatest designer goodies. What I've spent getting my business off the ground I'd have spent on just one LV wallet so he's certainly not complaining and our bank balance is looking much healthier as a result.

This weekend I'll be attempting white and dark chocolate mud cupcakes topped with rolled embossed fondant and hand-made sugar flowers. Will post pics as soon as I'm done.

Thanks again for all the kind words of support. :winkiss:

My 4 year anniversary this year.. :love:

Good luck Teen, I know you will succeed with your delish cuppies!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Love always, Your friend.

So I spent most of my Saturday in the kitchen attempting to master the art of rolling fondant roses.

First attempt...

rosecupcake2.jpg

And the finished product (a fondant covered vanilla bean cupcake topped with green piped buttercream, a handmade pink fondant rose and a silver cachous)...

rosecupcake4.jpg

So I spent most of my Saturday in the kitchen attempting to master the art of rolling fondant roses.

First attempt...

rosecupcake2.jpg

And the finished product (a fondant covered vanilla bean cupcake topped with green piped buttercream, a handmade pink fondant rose and a silver cachous)...

rosecupcake4.jpg

Wow, great work and it looks so yummy!

i LOVE cupcakes. There's this place called "Molly's Cupcakes" by my boyfriend's new condo and you can 'build your own'!! And they're open late. I found it last night and it was packed! You can even put ice cream on your cupcakes *drool*

Oooh, these are adorable, the names are so fun too! I looove cakes and pastries! This weekend I am going to a little shop in the neighborhood as it is their 2nd Annual Cupcake Extravaganza! :nuts: I just bake for myself and DH and it is one of my dreams to be a pastry chef LOL!

I wish you luck in your new venture! Keep us updated!

i LOVE cupcakes. There's this place called "Molly's Cupcakes" by my boyfriend's new condo and you can 'build your own'!! And they're open late. I found it last night and it was packed! You can even put ice cream on your cupcakes *drool*

Have you tried the Ron Bennington? It's named after a radio host on XM, who's a genius! I listen to the show (Ron and Fez XM 202, Sirius 197) and a lot of people always call up to tell him that the cupcake was delicious! Too bad Chicago is so far away :sad: