City vs. Classic/First/Classique?

pixiechic

So thankful.
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
Inspired by zacorey's thread...is the Classic much smaller than the City? Does anyone have both styles and could post pictures so I can see the difference?

I'm wondering because...my Citys are wonderful for work and shopping, but the other day I found myself wanting a smaller bag just to take out to dinner with essentials. Would the Classic be the right size for that?

hippie! LOL! I think the first would be great for you for going to dinner when you don't need to carry a lot. I think it is much smaller then the city but I am not an expert!~ I may be wrong though. Hopefully some nice PFer can post comparison pics for you!

hippie! LOL! I think the first would be great for you for going to dinner when you don't need to carry a lot. I think it is much smaller then the city but I am not an expert!~ I may be wrong though. Hopefully some nice PFer can post comparison pics for you!

Zacorey, are you laughing at my addiction? :lol:

classique would be perfect for night out!
sorry for the blurry picture :P

Attachments

• DSCN1944.jpg
    DSCN1944.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,507
  • DSCN1945.jpg
    DSCN1945.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,038
  • DSCN1946.jpg
    DSCN1946.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 426
seahorseinstripes, thank you for the photos - that helps a lot! I can see that the first is not only smaller but not as deep, so I do think it would be about the right size.

Is that a magenta city? :nuts: Wow!

I love them both, but definitely for different days - city is an all-day, work or errand bag. Fits everything, leaves room for an impulse purchase or a loaf of bread. The first is a bag I can't overstuff, so I'm forced to only bring what I need - but all my day's necessities fit with ease.

seahorse - thanks for the picture comparison!! I have been waiting for someone to show me the difference of the city and first...it's just so hard to tell in pictures! :rolleyes: Now I'm thinking a new first would be perfect, after all... :graucho:

u're welcome :P
at first i thought a classique would be too small for me.
but it can fit some of my necessary things perfectly...
it can fit my lv PTI wallet which is huge, lv medium agenda, 2 cell phones, cigarette case and few small stuffs too.

I agree! The city is a great everyday bag, but I love my first for going out at night and can fit quite a bit of stuff still--and I love the way it looks!