Azure Keepall....what about staining?

Ghost55

Aug 28, 2006
Okay~ I have the azure keepall 50 in my shopping cart, but what about staining:confused1: How do you all think it will do as a travel bag? I would never check it at the airport etc... But I am not sure how it will withinstand staining/travel in general. I still haven't had a chance to see azure in person....any thoughts:confused1:

I guess I'm gonna be the first to be the odd one out. If you were checking it in and knew it would be banged around a lot then I would not recommend getting it.

But if you're getting the azur keepall to be carried-on and always carried by yourself - then I would think the main risk is getting the bottom of the keepall dirty, however, the rest of it should stay ok. Probably the biggest concern would just be watermarks on the vachetta. But the coated canvas like all the others are pretty durable and I'm sure any marks on the coated canvas part can be easily cleaned.

Looking at the threads of the azur being photoshopped with patinaed vachetta, it looks really good.

So if you have a high preference for the damier azur over regular damier - I'd say just get it! However, if you don't have a preference either way - then I guess it would almost make sense to go with the regular because it's definitely more low maintenance.

Good luck with your choice!

I guess I'm gonna be the first to be the odd one out. If you were checking it in and knew it would be banged around a lot then I would not recommend getting it.

But if you're getting the azur keepall to be carried-on and always carried by yourself - then I would think the main risk is getting the bottom of the keepall dirty, however, the rest of it should stay ok. Probably the biggest concern would just be watermarks on the vachetta. But the coated canvas like all the others are pretty durable and I'm sure any marks on the coated canvas part can be easily cleaned.

Looking at the threads of the azur being photoshopped with patinaed vachetta, it looks really good.

So if you have a high preference for the damier azur over regular damier - I'd say just get it! However, if you don't have a preference either way - then I guess it would almost make sense to go with the regular because it's definitely more low maintenance.

Good luck with your choice!

I think the azure is more feminine (sp)...The regular Damier is more masculine IMO. I originally wanted Mono...but w/ the azure price....I likey a Lot!:flowers:

Where do you get shinning monkey from?

I was surprised by how well the damier azur looks like it can age. It looks like it ages beautifully. Because the coated canvas is more light, when the patina darkens I don't get that "ugly getting dirty" feel as compared with you know those mono bags where the vachetta looks like it's threatening to turn dark brown/black.

Although shining monkey can't prevent it, it'll slow down the oxidation process on the vachetta. I think the damier azur keepall will be a real head-turner cuz of its beauty as opposed to bling-bling logoed attention.

If you love it - I say - why not?!

I was surprised by how well the damier azur looks like it can age. It looks like it ages beautifully. Because the coated canvas is more light, when the patina darkens I don't get that "ugly getting dirty" feel as compared with you know those mono bags where the vachetta looks like it's threatening to turn dark brown/black.

Although shining monkey can't prevent it, it'll slow down the oxidation process on the vachetta. I think the damier azur keepall will be a real head-turner cuz of its beauty as opposed to bling-bling logoed attention.

If you love it - I say - why not?!

How long can you keep things in your elux cart?