Angry person at Streisand concert!

midsamid

May 5, 2006
barbra Streisand had a drink lobbed at her Monday (at Fort Lauderdale suburb) after a mid-concert skit poking fun at Georgr Bush! It's at least the 3rd time the skit, that includes a George W. Bush impersonator, has angered her audience.

Well.....It's a free country and we are entitled to express our opinion IMO!

=========================================================================================

Source: Celebrity News, Movie Trailers, Movie Reviews from CelebrityWonder.com

i wouldn't mind. It's the beauty of America. No one minds when we crack jokes at Paris Hilton or the actors/actresses that make political comments when they accept their award at the Oscars. I think it's OK

i wouldn't mind. It's the beauty of America. No one minds when we crack jokes at Paris Hilton or the actors/actresses that make political comments when they accept their award at the Oscars. I think it's OK
Speak for yourself! I DO mind when actors and actresses get all poli-ticky during their speeches or whatever. They are entertainers and should stick to acting or singing. I don't need some here-today-gone-tomorrow pretty boy (or girl) trying to tell me how to think and feel.

Paris Hilton is a whole 'nother story!;)

It has been well televised that she does quite a bit of Busch basing in the show....

I certainly can see how people might be upset....but to throw a drink....come on...what is this some B movie

Well, I can tell you we paid 1800 PER ticket for a future show in Chicago...I do not give 2 ****s about her politcal views....(or her for that matter...I bought them for my SIL and Mom.) she once again proves what a ***** she is in my opinion.

PS I would have enjoyed the drink and not wasted it on her!!!!!!

Speak for yourself! I DO mind when actors and actresses get all poli-ticky during their speeches or whatever. They are entertainers and should stick to acting or singing. I don't need some here-today-gone-tomorrow pretty boy (or girl) trying to tell me how to think and feel.

Paris Hilton is a whole 'nother story!;)

Actors and actresses are citizens of this nation and deserve to voice their opinion. I don't know what your job is, but it should not affect whether or not you should voice your opinion.

wow, this is a tad heated, but I do agree with Intlset, and i'm all for free speech, and she can do whatever she wants at her own concerts really. The only people who would get offended are supporters of Bush, and I mean, who cares! Conan O Brian went to Canada and made fun of everything and it was hilarious! People need to have a sense of humour, not take it personally and be able to laugh at themselves.
I don't find it *****y, she's expressing herself. Nor do I find it wrong when say Susan Sarandon decides to bust out with whatever cause she's supporting. I think more people need to be activists. But this is just my humble opinion, that luckily I'm allowed to express.

I have to say something, even though I am not a huge fan of Barbra-she has been performing on stage since the early 60s, and was always described as "outspoken" even when anyone hardly knew who she was-by now (2006) I cannot see why anyone would pay to see her who did not already know that they might/would have to listen to something political from her-it's the price you pay...what I don't understand is why people pay to go and then get POed at her-she sings and she might/might not have something to say-plus, a lot of people agree with Barbra and were probably unhappy at their special event being wrecked by the drink-thrower; my 2 cents worth.

"Speak for yourself! I DO mind when actors and actresses get all poli-ticky during their speeches or whatever. They are entertainers and should stick to acting or singing. I don't need some here-today-gone-tomorrow pretty boy (or girl) trying to tell me how to think and feel."

ITA -- it seems that certain celebrities are deluded into thinking that what they think about a political issue is more important than what others think.