Size question from a Bbag newbie, rop

LOL. Thanks for the website. I have so much tolearn about BBags and size is one part that confuses me!! In the "waeraing your babg" thread some bags looks so much bigger than I expected. I need to get myself to NM and see them IRL but I don't think they carry all the styles.

I am definitely starting to obsess esp since I am disgusted with LV right now.

I thought the city size was going to be huge for me after looking in all the photo's. When I saw it in person I was surprised how much smaller it was then what I had thought. It is a really a nice med sized bag.

I have a speedy 30. I would say that my first is a lot smaller and my city is larger. I actually think the box is the most comparable, although slightly smaller than the speedy 30. I like the size of the box best of all.

I think it might be comparable to a box or a Twiggy, only Twiggy is longer. The City and Twiggy are my favorites. I love some of the others, but no shoulder strap, and I have a thing about dirty handles. I have to have the strap. Plus I like my hands free and my arm gets tired of holding it. I put lots of *stuff* in my bags so I prefer shoulder bags. I have the strap for all of my LV's except for the multi colors.

I think it might be comparable to a box or a Twiggy, only Twiggy is longer. The City and Twiggy are my favorites. I love some of the others, but no shoulder strap, and I have a thing about dirty handles. I have to have the strap. Plus I like my hands free and my arm gets tired of holding it. I put lots of *stuff* in my bags so I prefer shoulder bags. I have the strap for all of my LV's except for the multi colors.

Looking at some more pics and drawing out the dimensions of some of the styles I think i agree with you - City or Twiggy would work best. Thanks!!

And because those bags slouches and don't have a strict frame IMO they look smaller. A speedy 30 looks like luggage on me but I have the work besides some sities and it's much bigger than the speedy it doesn't overwhelme my frame.
May I asked why you're dicusted with LV?

:yahoo: yeah Virgo come to the Balenciaga side - you'll LOVE it here!!! :graucho:

Sizes - umm, really depends how much you carry each day - quite a lot of people enjoy using the CITY size. Thats always a good size to start off with. I have BLACK City and a MONO 30 Speedy - I reckon they roughly hold the same amount of stuff... good luck on what you decide to get! :graucho:

I have recently crossed over from LV, so I can totally relate...

I think the Box is around the same size and shape as a Speedy, it's 11.5x6.8x5, and a Speedy 25 is 10x7x6. The Twiggy is a little longer.

I just got my first Bbag last week and it's a City, which is an excellent size. As meemie said upthread, I expected it to be a little too big, but it isn't at all. I highly recommend it for your first Balenciaga, if you carry more than just essentials. The most remarkable thing (other than the soft leather and color, hehehe) is its light weight - even full of stuff, it doesn't weigh anything! I don't know how they do that!

Be careful...I just ordered my second City, and I already have my eye on a third! Balenciaga is easily as addicting as LV, and just as expensive.