Paddington differences bet metallic and non metallic?

aimtree

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
I had a metallic antracite 06 paddington for a while and then bought a 06 chocolate paddington from portero.com.
The first thing I noticed was that the new chocolate one weighed more, I was wondering if other people have experienced this difference in the gold hard ware weighing more than the silver?
Also that on the antracite the handles seem slightly longer/more skinny than the chocolate, Has anyone else noticed differences between their paddingtons?

Many thanks:smile:

Hi aimtree!

I have! I bought my first Paddington at Neimans during that first "craze". It was a Whiskey. The following Spring I got another Paddy in a super light color (not sure the name) from Chloe in NYC. The newer one did feel different to me, it was slightly lighter weight and feels like a different leather.

The newer one has also not worn as well over time as my original (that I am STILL in love with).

I have talked to some of my Chloe-obsessed friends about this, some people think that as they started super producing because of the Chloe craze that the bags changed slightly from season to season.

Vague but maybe helpful?

xox:wlae:

Thanks for your responses. It's really interesting that there are variations like this, my new(old) chocolate (I got yesterday) is so heavy that I started thinking my antracite could be fake. I spent ages comparing them last night and they seem identical apart from points mentioned above.I think the silver hardware must weigh less than the gold, that's my only conclusion. I'm totally loving the soft leather of the chocolate though, it seems so much softer than the metallic:smile:

That's what I love about my Whiskey, even though it's older the leather is so soft and luxurious.

I do think that the gold hardware weighs more than all of the others. (Maybe not that Vegas special edition one with the crystals -- anyone remember that one?)

If you are still looking I think there may be one on Ebay right now but it's pricey!

Ive seen that one, the one from Japan right? I noticed the year says 08 whereas the Las Vegas Paddington came out earlier than that..around 06 i think so I wonder if its either a limited edition or a fake..interesting...theres also a crystal lock selling separately but i think its way to expensive imo!!

Ive seen that one, the one from Japan right? I noticed the year says 08 whereas the Las Vegas Paddington came out earlier than that..around 06 i think so I wonder if its either a limited edition or a fake..interesting...theres also a crystal lock selling separately but i think its way to expensive imo!!

they released another bling lock paddy in 2008, this one is bronze.
the silver las vegas on was from 2005 i think, someone correct me if im wrong:biggrin: