Authenticate This COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DemRam
The 2 in the auction *look* authentic but there really aren't enough pictures to be absolutely sure.
The one on the left looks like the "Station" bag and the little one on the right looks like the "Chrystie" bag - I think.

The one you mention ( 0397-301 ) is just a random serial number so it's not helpful in determining authenticity. It would have been made in the late 1980's through 1993. In 1994 Coach started using "style" numbers like they do today.

Do post pictures though.

Thank you, DemRam! From what I looked up on this forum, I thought the number was from the 1980's. And the metal snap is different from what I've seen before. It snaps shut, then you release it by pulling on it, then it'll open. Mine is in pretty good shape to be so old. I will work on the pictures today! :smile:

I'm not absolutely sure, but the Springlock used on the Chrystie may have been only used for a few years, my guess would be maybe 1990 to 1993, so that may help to narrow down the age. The Station Bags have been around forever though, maybe 30 years or more. :smile:

Hi
I just recieved my new coach purse today and was wondering if it is authentic. It's super cute and i am hoping is authentic.

Attachments

• DSC00272.JPG
    DSC00272.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00266.JPG
    DSC00266.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00277.JPG
    DSC00277.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00258.JPG
    DSC00258.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC00259.JPG
    DSC00259.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 41
My apologies for my rude comments, but you got lied to and ripped off, no matter WHAT you paid for that thing.

Take it back and tell that ... PERSON ... that you want your money back or you're filing a complaint with the local police. And then DO IT if she refuses a refund.

It's a cheap nasty fake made with plastic instead of leather and sold for twenty bucks brand new on dozens of illegal fakes-selling websites and places like Canal Street in New York.

You need to actually make a few visits to stores where they sell real Coach so you can learn the difference before you buy anything at any place other than an actual Coach retailer, for your own safety. And please don't carry that thing in public.

Sorry to sound harsh.

That is one of the worst fakes I have seen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...name=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=&salenotsupported

Is this too good to be true? I emailed the seller 4 days ago for pics inside and the creed when the price was $169. I got no response and they have since lowered the price twice to $125. This seems pretty cheap for a Legacy Mandy and they happen to have two.

There's no way to determine authenticity since the picture that's shown is a stock photo. I wouldn't bid without seeing actual pictures of the bag for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.