Hermes Paris made in France stamp

nattie1020

Jack's H-Mama
Jun 5, 2008
So I was so wondering are certain colors picked out for certain leathers or bag colors? Like I see most gold colored birkins with gold foil like fonts or blue birkins with white fonts?

Does the year the bag is made have to do anything with it ? I'm curious as a bag I'm looking at ( an earlier model) has a different color font as the later birkins I've seen. Not that I've actually checked all models. LOL

I thought bags with GHW had a gold stamp and those with PHW/RHW had silver. Then you have the natural leathers such as barenia which have a blindstamp only with no colour

Is anyone able to tell me why the natural leathers dont use gold foil on the stamp? I have a porc Kelly and it is natural and am considering a bag in buffalo and it too has no gold.

Also, is it possible to have it restamped with gold?

TIA!!

I second mooks,
the hardware color is decisive, apart from the naturals...

is it possible to have [a natural] restamped with gold?

Re-stamping is generally possible, in case the previous color of your stamp has faded.
Hence, while I guess it's technically possible for them to add a fond-tone to your natural stamp,
I also guess they probably won't do it
due to their own image of what these things should look like... you know, they are like that :P

Tenshi1986 - good point and to be honest, now that I think about it I would reject the idea if I were them too.

The more I think about it the more I like the subtle nature of that stamp as well. The older I get the more I find I appreciate that.

Purse-o-holic
That is interesting - what year and colour is your HAC??

As an aside - are you happy with the Buffalo? How does it wear and is it heavy?

...sorry full of questions today!

TIA:hugs:

I second mooks,
the hardware color is decisive, apart from the naturals...

Re-stamping is generally possible, in case the previous color of your stamp has faded.
Hence, while I guess it's technically possible for them to add a fond-tone to your natural stamp,
I also guess they probably won't do it
due to their own image of what these things should look like... you know, they are like that :P

nattie1020 thank you for bringing an interesting point. Tenshi1986 Can it be restamped with no color?

Tenshi1986 Can it be restamped with no color?

Do you mean restamping without color, on a stamp that was originally produced to be gold for example?

Well as far as I know the rule is this:
Naturals come with blindstamps without colored fond.
Any other leather combo comes with the fond color according to the hardware.

So judging from the rule, they will always only restore the original state.
I did not test it myself, but I am pretty sure they stick to their own rules...;)
Hope that helps...