why to buy vintage kelly?

Dear Ladies,
i am wondering what is the different between a new and a vintage kelly?
i am normally not into vintage,but last week i saw a beautiful vintage kelly in a consign.store.
i would like to hear your opinions pros/contras for vintage!
MM

And on top of that these bags have an overall totally different something... it's a feeling, very difficult to explain, there is something more than the patina...

in favor of new: going into the boutique and seeing a virtually pristine bag that you love and buying it and getting it wrapped up so fresh by the SA and placed in a stiff box and carrying your bag home to unwrap it again in private and smell the 'new purse' smell in your own room. breaking it in by yourself and remembering the first scratch and knowing that it has been through whatever you have, watching the transformation and owning/earning that patina when you enjoy it years later.

in favor of new: going into the boutique and seeing a virtually pristine bag that you love and buying it and getting it wrapped up so fresh by the SA and placed in a stiff box and carrying your bag home to unwrap it again in private and smell the 'new purse' smell in your own room. breaking it in by yourself and remembering the first scratch and knowing that it has been through whatever you have, watching the transformation and owning/earning that patina when you enjoy it years later.

Ditto

I love the history of vintage. DH and I are thinking of going to Zurich next year and I'd love to visit the Boyz. :graucho: Especially after seeing S'moms gorgeous vintage Kellys. :love:
But there's also nothing like opening an orange box and smelling that new bag smell. *sigh* I'll take either!!! :flowers: