Time for an "Over 40" sub-forum!

I also think it would be a good idea.

Maybe, 19 & under, 20 something, 30 something, 40 something, 50 something, 60 & over, etc.

I think it's great to talk with all different people in all age categories but it's also nice to talk with people in your age group.

Yea, I know. I don't really go through all the forums, but fair is fair. Hypothetically if for some reason there were an over 40 forum, there would need to be an under 40 forum as well.

The over 40 idea comes from the fact that women over 40 have very different issues that under 40's don't have. Our children are grown adults and have left home. We're staring menopause in the face. We're starting to plan for retirement. We're eligible for AARP and The Red Hat Society. For women under 40, these are totally obscure topics to think about.

It's not meant to take away from the under 40 crowd here at all, but there for those of us here in that age bracket, it would be nice to have a place to post those "over 40 issues".

Frankly, I consider the entire Purse Forum to be an under 40 forum because it's largely younger women here. I love that because I enjoy hanging with and talking to the younger members as well as the ones in the over 40 category.

The idea wasn't intended to exclude or offend anyone, but apparently it has....

The over 40 idea comes from the fact that women over 40 have very different issues that under 40's don't have. Our children are grown adults and have left home. We're staring menopause in the face. We're starting to plan for retirement. We're eligible for AARP and The Red Hat Society. For women under 40, these are totally obscure topics to think about.

It's not meant to take away from the under 40 crowd here at all, but there for those of us here in that age bracket, it would be nice to have a place to post those "over 40 issues".

Frankly, I consider the entire Purse Forum to be an under 40 forum because it's largely younger women here. I love that because I enjoy hanging with and talking to the younger members as well as the ones in the over 40 category.

The idea wasn't intended to exclude or offend anyone, but apparently it has....

Well-I don't have grown adult children who have left the house (19 year old in college and 5 1/2 year old) and I think menopause is still quite a ways away. But, since I am 41-I would hang out there. ;)