modern chain critique

ellerbean

Aug 4, 2006
Here is my critique on the Modern Chain flap.

I received my red one today--thanks to Onyxbear and a heads up about one being at the NM in WPNY.

The leather feels awesome. It is so soft, and almost feels plush.

The RED is to die for--it is a very deep, bright crimson color. I have 2 other red Chanels, one is a bit to the burgandy side and the other a hint of orange. This red is perfect.

The chain has almost a tarnished look too it, so not bright silver--this is a spectacular compliment to the leather's shade of red.

The size--I wish it were just a big bigger. The width is fine, 2.5"--but the bag is only 5.5" tall, and I think it would be more "user friendly" if it were closer to 7" tall. My biggest greif is that once I put my wallet, keys and cell phone in it will NOT hold a Chanel Sunglasses case.

I love the bag, but the size just may be the only reason I return it. I hate to do it--I just wish Chanel made another size in this bag.

i LOVE THIS BAG
I LOVE THE BLACK ONE TOO, BUT RED SOUNDS YUMMY..
I THOUGHT THE BAG WS BIGGER THAN IT WAS UNTIL I SEEN IT AT THE STORE..
I WOULD LOVE THE RED.. BUT THANKS FOR THE INFO ABOUT THE SIZE. CAUSE I NEED SUNGLASS CASE, EYE GLASS CASE- AND CONTACT CASE- ALONG WITH THE REG ACCESSORIS....
WHAT WAS THE PRCE AGAIN..SEND PICS I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT IN RED

I know that the tote comes in two sizes--but I have the flap, and to my knowledge there is only 1 size avaible in the flap style. I am going to call Chanel now to ask. I will let you guys know what I find out. I will also post pictures in a little bit.

Ok, I just called Chanel, and I stand corrected (sorry)--here is what they said:

Chanel makes 5 styles in the Modern Chain.

Classic Flap--avialable in 2 sizes (she said the Chanel boutiques did not buy the smaller size, that is why I was only aware of the 1 size).
The style number for the small is A33368
The style number for the large is A33372 (I have the large, and it is approx 10" wide, 5" tall, 2.5" deep)

Tote--available in 2 sizes

Hobo style

yes, the large is "too small" for me... I'm going to order the smaller tote today, and then compare. Life would be so much easier if I lived in a city and could just go try it on! I"m going to hold onto this one just in case...

I fear the small tote will be "too big". And then knowing me, I'll cave and keep both, justifying that they each serve a different purpose! :yes:

Here are pics

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 57
here are two more pictures, one of them shows about how much stuff will fit in it, as you will see... I have a wallet (chanel caviar w/6 credit card slots/coin purse), keys, business card holder, chap stick, mirror and lipstick. Thats it!!!

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 72
Ok, I just called Chanel, and I stand corrected (sorry)--here is what they said:

Chanel makes 5 styles in the Modern Chain.

Classic Flap--avialable in 2 sizes (she said the Chanel boutiques did not buy the smaller size, that is why I was only aware of the 1 size).
The style number for the small is A33368
The style number for the large is A33372 (I have the large, and it is approx 10" wide, 5" tall, 2.5" deep)

Tote--available in 2 sizes

Hobo style

I had heard there were two sizes but no one had confirmed it until now. Thanks! Isn't that red color gorgeous? I didn't think that much about the size. I was also looking at the medium classic flap which is roughly the same size. I carry a smaller wallet, but that would still fill up pretty quickly. Are you going to order the tote in red as well?