difference between "raisin" and "prune"?

Aug 22, 2006
can anyone describe the difference between these two colors? i LOVE raisin and am vexed that it's being discontinued. :crybaby: so now i'm trying to figure out whether i need to put in a request for a raisin birkin or kelly ASAP, or whether i'll be just as happy with prune.

HELP!!! (and thanks :flowers: )

ARGH! I love the Raisin color. It's third on my list
Black- check
Gold- *soon*
Raisin
White Clemence

Then comes the exotics. I like that Violine color too.

It's so sad about raisin because I think it's a striking color that is remarkably versatile. I've never seen prune irl but was wondering which was "brighter"- sounds like raisin???

thanks all -- and special thanks for the pic, LaV.

GF and CB: :noggin: :lol: :lol:

to quote the inimitable shopmom, oyi. i just don't know what to do -- a kelly, HAC or birkin in raisin chevre is on my dream list because i love the leather so much, but i already have a raisin chevre kabana. i was planning to wait until i have other basics before duplicating this leather, but this nasty discontinued news is forcing the issue a bit. the prune leather is lovely, but now that i've seen it i realize that it's too different from the raisin to be a substitute -- it's just another color that i want!

decisions, decisions. :sad:

I have never seen prune in person so I don't know. From LaVan's picture it looks beautiful, just not purple.
Raisin to me is purple mixed with brown. I have a raisin Togo Kelly and in this leather, it looks kind of brown at night or when there is no direct light on it. On a sunny day or under bright artificial light, the purple really comes out.