Travel Hotels in Paris and Athens

ibennani

O.G.
Dec 26, 2008
Hello,

My husband and I are going to Paris and Athens next month.
Any suggestions on a nice hotel in Paris and Athens?
Nothing too expensive (looking at around $150/night).
Thank You!

Hotel in Paris--is a whole book, there are tons of them out there. You'll have to do some research before anyone can begin to recommend something for you. What arrondissment are you interested in? If you can't narrow it down to that --how about rive gauche or rive droite?

There are tons of deals out there now in Paris, but need to do some homework. Always best--IMO to go right to the hotel's website.

A good start is the website Trip Advisor, read hotel section. Will give you lots of ideas in every price range.

Once you get started, ask some more questions and then we can probably be of more help.

And agree w/ above poster, not real fond of Athens either, but many are so wouldn't give up the idea.

In Paris I stayed at Le meridien Etoile, I liked it in Athens I stayed at the Great Bretagne. I liked Athens but you can do it in 2 days unless your going to the islands. Athens had great shopping and I bought a lot. But you are going to Paris so I am sure you will shop there!! Have a great trip.

My DH and I are going to Paris at the end of May. I started a post a few weeks back that had some lovely hotel recs from tPFers. We also researched through Trip Advisor and figured out which arrondissment we wanted to stay. Because of the short notice, a few of our choices were booked, but I think we'll like the place we ended up choosing:

http://www.regencia.com/

They were really responsive to our e-mails and when we checked, they had a lot of great customer reviews.

Good luck in your search!

I stayed at the NJV Athens Plaza. I usually like boutique hotels, but this was centrally located and the rooms were pretty large. It was just a short walk to the Kolonkai and the Plaka. I'd recommend it.

i loved the petelier hausmann hotel in Paris. It's around the corner of lafayette and printemps and costed us €150 for two nights including breakfast. It's simple but we had everything we needed; a safe, private bathroom with a tub, a bed, and a desk and ofcourse a closet