Help! I need a new purse!

mayct13

bags and more bags
O.G.
Oct 21, 2006
I recently passed my nursing board exam and I am officially a registered nurse :yahoo: . I promised to reward myself with a purse when I pass. Now that I dis pass, I am so undecided which one to get. I like big handbags. My choices are: LV Manhattan GM, Fendi Spy bag or Marc Jacobs stripe hudson. I need everyone's comments on these 3 handbags or any suggestions to what other good purses there are right now. :search:
Thanks!

I would go with Marc Jacobs bag, it's so cute and I haven't seen to many people wearing it. I love absolutely love the fendi spy bag, but I think the style is on it's way out, and it's not going to be considered a classic forever. LV is always a classic....I don't know anymore. Tough decisions. Go with the one that make you most happy. Hold all them in person and look at yourself in the mirror with them. If you get the Marc Jacobs bag you'll be saving some money and can purchase a night clutch that would be really cute. Well anyways congrats on becoming a registered nurse!

Spy bag!!! It's sooo cute, and not EVERYONE has one. I don't think the style is on it's way out...seems like Fendi keeps spinning the bag, so who knows? it's probably becoming a classic!

The LV manhattan GM. I had the Marc Jacobs Venetia which is like the manhattan GM and the bag is great! Kind of heavy, but still a classy looking bag. (I would also look into the MJ venetia if I were you ;) )
The Fendi spy bag has soo many fakes roaming around my campus and mall, so I'm way turned off by it.
The MJ striped Hudson isn't that classic looking of a bag IMO.

Congratulations on passing the boards...I am a nurse myself so I know how hard you have worked for this!

I think that I would chose the Manhattan GM...it is such a pretty bag!

Oh....Fendi fendi fendi....I love that bag...what kind of spy were you thinking about? I agree, too...the spy is the next baguette...it will not go away for a LOOOOOng time, and even then, it will be reinvented(IMHO):yes:

It's the spy classic satchel in dark brown that I really like. I like the tan or honey color as well but my cousin already has it and hers got some splatter stains that won't come off which you can see up close so I guess I won't have that. What about other brands?

Oh....Fendi fendi fendi....I love that bag...what kind of spy were you thinking about? I agree, too...the spy is the next baguette...it will not go away for a LOOOOOng time, and even then, it will be reinvented(IMHO):yes:

It's the spy classic satchel in dark brown that I really like. I like the tan or honey color as well but my cousin already has it and hers got some splatter stains that won't come off which you can see up close so I guess I won't have that. What about other brands?

The LV manhattan GM. I had the Marc Jacobs Venetia which is like the manhattan GM and the bag is great! Kind of heavy, but still a classy looking bag. (I would also look into the MJ venetia if I were you ;) )
The Fendi spy bag has soo many fakes roaming around my campus and mall, so I'm way turned off by it.
The MJ striped Hudson isn't that classic looking of a bag IMO.

I just looked at the MJ quilted venetia in black at neiman marcus online. It looks really nice and classy. I may have to look at the actual one in the store. I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks!

Congratulations on passing the boards...I am a nurse myself so I know how hard you have worked for this!

I think that I would chose the Manhattan GM...it is such a pretty bag!

Thanks;) This purse was what I was eyeing for months now. I only have 1 LV, it's the monogram vavin. It's not common so I chose it. With the manhattan GM, I haven't seen a lot of them in the mall or in hotels (I live in las vegas) that's why i like it. Would you know if it holds and stays well on the shoulders?

Hi - out of the three mentioned I would definately go for the spy! But there are so many other lovely bags out there, are you definately set on one of these three?

I agree with Seahorseinstripes - you should look at Balenciaga - I think they are real classics and the colours and leather are divine, failing that I love the LV Epi Speedy - I think it is really understated and finally I have to give a shout for the paddington!

BTW congrats on passing!:flowers: