Balenciaga Weekender 09 - Charbon or Anthracite? Any other suggestions?

Designer_Homme

BAGAHOLIC
O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
Hi All,

I been contemplating to get a Balenciaga Weekender for awhile but due to limited choices available i am not sure which to get, the colours i wanted are always unavailable. The Store SA just sent me an email regarding the Weekender, currently 4 colours are available, Anthracite, Charbon, Charcoal Grey & Black. I like Autumn but it is not available. Looking forward for any suggestion.

Below are pictures the SA sent me via her Blackberry:

ANTHRACITEWEEKENDER.jpg

CHARBONWEEKENDER.jpg

I prefer anthra it is an elegant colour with blue undertones:graucho:;) plus the leather of anthra seems to be very distressed from the picture

Yes Anthra is very elegant, Charcoal Grey seems to look very similar to Anthracite, the distressed look is even better on Charcoal Grey. I rarely buy black bag, i always get bored of black bags fast, seldom use them. I like brown but Charbon '09 brown is different from the previous Charbon, it look less rich in tone.

Among these available colors I will pick Anthra for sure,
It's practical and durable plus the color changes under different lights.
You will never get bored with it.
I have 09 anthra and I especially love the blueish undertones.
And you're right, I think Charbon 09 is not as saturated as the 08s, they almost look like different colors to me.

Among these available colors I will pick Anthra for sure,
It's practical and durable plus the color changes under different lights.
You will never get bored with it.
I have 09 anthra and I especially love the blueish undertones.
And you're right, I think Charbon 09 is not as saturated as the 08s, they almost look like different colors to me.

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. Anthracite seems like a good buy from the response i got so far.

It seems to me Charbon '08 look nicer than Charbon '09 which seem pale in colour makes it less lively. How about Autumn? This colour i can't get however i probabl can get my friend to get it for me in London.

How's Balenciaga pricing like in Taiwan? Most of the Labels in Taiwan are more expensive then elsewhere.

I would say if U want Autumn, buy autumn. I love that colour, but the Sienna i love more. It feels almost the same but it is not. I just did see BlackCherry weekender last week in Belgium that was also great looks a bit like the older Marroon 2004 i think but lighter in shade.
Good luck and Hugs FX:heart::heart::heart:

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. Anthracite seems like a good buy from the response i got so far.

It seems to me Charbon '08 look nicer than Charbon '09 which seem pale in colour makes it less lively. How about Autumn? This colour i can't get however i probabl can get my friend to get it for me in London.

How's Balenciaga pricing like in Taiwan? Most of the Labels in Taiwan are more expensive then elsewhere.

Hi there,

I haven't seen Autumne in person yet so I can't really comment on that.
But there are lots of stunning pics of Autumne here on tPF,
if you hearts autumne then just go for it! ;)

Labels are pricey in TW and Bal is no exception,
Sorry I don't know about the WE style but the RH part-time is NTD58600,
that's 1735 in USD.
RH City is about $1625.

Good luck on your WE purchase!

Do you have a photo of the charcoal grey? My vote goes to anthracite but it would be interesting to see a photo of the 08 charcoal grey to compare to the 09 anthracite. I say this because I think a medium shade of grey would look better and more feminine on the weekender size and the 09 looks dark. My 08 charcoal grey city is a medium shade of grey, like a silvery grey-blue, and that color would look awesome on a weekender.

I would say if U want Autumn, buy autumn. I love that colour, but the Sienna i love more. It feels almost the same but it is not. I just did see BlackCherry weekender last week in Belgium that was also great looks a bit like the older Marroon 2004 i think but lighter in shade.
Good luck and Hugs FX:heart::heart::heart:

Dear FX,

I ask my SA if she could bring in Autumn for me but she said it is not possible. I probably can only get it online or ask my friend to check it out at Balenciaga London. I have not seen BlackCherry personally but i guess it's nice colour since you said so. Sienna is nice colour if it as my bag below.

Balenciaga_Day_Bag_closeup.jpg

Very rich tone, smooshy thick leather.

Regards,
Designer_Homme

I haven't seen Autumne in person yet so I can't really comment on that.
But there are lots of stunning pics of Autumne here on tPF,
if you hearts autumne then just go for it! ;)

Labels are pricey in TW and Bal is no exception,
Sorry I don't know about the WE style but the RH part-time is NTD58600,
that's 1735 in USD.
RH City is about $1625.

Good luck on your WE purchase!

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I been to Taiwan, LV is alot pricier, i did'nt check out Balenciaga then. However i find D&G, Miu Miu & Prada pricing quite ok.

Hope i can get a nice Weekender or Work bag soon.

Do you have a photo of the charcoal grey? My vote goes to anthracite but it would be interesting to see a photo of the 08 charcoal grey to compare to the 09 anthracite. I say this because I think a medium shade of grey would look better and more feminine on the weekender size and the 09 looks dark. My 08 charcoal grey city is a medium shade of grey, like a silvery grey-blue, and that color would look awesome on a weekender.

Hi there,

I do not have a photo of Charcoal Grey, My regular SA did not sent me the photo probably she knew i would prefer Anthracite or Charbon. Why not post a picture of your '08 Charcoal Grey City to show us? Balenciaga Colour tones are quite similar & confusing at times varies with the different year of production. Thanks again.

Hi again,
Maybe she can get U a work, i think that the best size for me. I have 3 weekenders in the most and greatest colours but i use my 2 works more specialy the black from Corey, i do love that to pieces.
I do have a ladys day in Sienna great colour and great leather.
Hugs to U and hope U find the right bag FX:heart::heart::heart:

Dear FX,

I ask my SA if she could bring in Autumn for me but she said it is not possible. I probably can only get it online or ask my friend to check it out at Balenciaga London. I have not seen BlackCherry personally but i guess it's nice colour since you said so. Sienna is nice colour if it as my bag below.

Balenciaga_Day_Bag_closeup.jpg

Very rich tone, smooshy thick leather.

Regards,
Designer_Homme

Attachments

• 3xweekend.jpg
    3xweekend.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 729
  • 2xwork.jpg
    2xwork.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 624
  • 3xweekend op.jpg