Who has a straw Hamptons 13531?

Hisgeekygrrrl

Dreamer of dreams
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
I'd like to know what you think of this bag. I just saw it online, and I am in love with it.

Attachments

• !BP0z4Nw!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLltmFiBJ1nCmiRy!~~_1.JPG
    !BP0z4Nw!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLltmFiBJ1nCmiRy!~~_1.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 188
I went to the store to see it in person the day the new floor set came out. I loved it online but was just so/so about it in person. The display had some slight snagging in spots on the straw that I didn't care for, the kisslock was very tight to open and close and loud when it snapped shut and the slit pocket in the back wasn't big enough for keys like I was hoping. Its VERY big but lightweight which is nice. I also love the different shades of gray. I still like it but wasn't in the "gotta have it mood" when I saw it IRL.

I too think this bag is gorgeous and was pining after it when it hit the website, but after taking a trip to Dillards to see it in person I had second thoughts. I'm not impressed with the snagging on the brand-new, behind-the-case bags. I can't help but feel if it looks like that now, what am I supposed to expect after it's actually been used?

Honestly, I'm going to be in the minority here, but I don't care for it at all. The flower detail is very nice on it, but don't think the black/gray/silver combo looks good with the natural straw. My friend thinks it looks like a fake. I might like it if the color combo were diff, though.

I disagree! I purchased it the day it came out and I love it....the straw material is a distressed type so there are little flaws in it...it is shiny...and sparkly...and the jewels are so cute...I love the script writing and the best it the leather is patent..in a gorgeous gunmetal color!! OH and the lilac lining is a bonus too! Go check it out..it's a beauty! I love it because it is original!

i like it....for the most part. i like the gray flowers and such....VERY PRETTY! but with the straw it looks kinda tacky. i think i feel more so this way after seeing it in person. there were SEVERAL snags in the straw on the "brand new" bag. This makes me think it wouldn't last long at all, and would sit on a shelf and still ruin! the leather flower colors are beautiful....but the straw part is just too cheap to hold up. not worth the money imo.

I just bought this bag last week, and so far I love it!!! It is a bigger bag, but very lightweight, which I love because I do tend to carry a lot of stuff with me. Like others have mentioned, there are some small imperfections in the straw material, but I think this adds to its charm. I am a little worried about how this bag will wear, and have been taking extra care in storing it, but don't think I will be using it as an everyday bag and that should cut down on the wear and tear. Overall, I think it's a wonderful bag for spring and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my matching wristlet that I ordered.

I like the straw bag and I like the gray flowers. They just don't work together for me. I think the gray flowers would look really nice on a white leather, twill or sateen bag with silver hardware. And for the straw bag, brighter color flowers...JMO