Y'all, I need some help with leather knowledge!! Please.

Okay, onto the teal. I'm intrigued! Ignacio says:

Please find attached a picture of a bag made in the teal, the color is very even throughout, the surface is fairly matte and slightly textured. It’s a soft leather, from the maker of the tinted leathers, but a bit thicker than those.

So, what does everyone think of this color? Can you tell it's teal, or is it too dark? irainei, does this look anything like the swatch?? If this picture is off like most Ignes and it is a bit more TEAL we could have a winner!!

tealminig2.jpeg

^^ it's very close to that color, but I think the photograph is slightly darker than the swatch I sent you, plus it's appears a little more green on my screen. It is SO hard to describe the exact color of the ignes teal lol. Definitely VERY soft though. I was petting it before I sent it off LOL

And, the ink blue: The glossy ink blue is the same type of leather as the charcoal diamond, just with a different color. The color is lighter and more intense than the tinted blue, and it is slightly metallic. I think that the metallic aspect shows up more in this leather, than in the charcoal diamond. I’m attaching a picture of a Mini Ormala in this leather, for reference.

This is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the swatch!! What do y'all think of this in a Petra??? Without the extended handles going around the bottom?

inkblueminio2.jpg

^^ it's very close to that color, but I think the photograph is slightly darker than the swatch I sent you, plus it's appears a little more green on my screen. It is SO hard to describe the exact color of the ignes teal lol. Definitely VERY soft though. I was petting it before I sent it off LOL

thanks, irainei!! Aww, that's nice to pet it before sending it on its cold journey through the post. :lol:

I will be happy to return it to you when I've gotten a gander. If the photo is darker then that would be great!!!

Wow, now I am getting a little tipsy off of all the colors. Thank you so much for posting all of this information.

So the orange is thicker, with a "touch" more structure. So, then it is not very structured, but just more so than tinted leathers?

The teal sounds like a gorgeous leather, but I agree with the assertion that if the color is lighter than the photo, that is a winner. So hard to capture colors, darn it.

And the ink blue, is it soft or structured? Sounds like the metallic will really bring out some depth to the color.

I know, a touch more structure....so it's not really structure just not as loosy goosy? I found myself p ondering that one, too.

yes, a lot of dark blues or navy's are gonna be really dark and you don't want them to look black. Depth is a good word for it! But I have a hard time imagining this looking more metallic than Lionlaw's pearlized blue Emilia, ha ha!! Hers wasn't so much metallic, but it had a glow!! No black was showing AT ALL!!

(touching my ink blue right now)

It's more structured than soft. I love the metallic aspect of it because it's a muted metallic. In low light, it doesn't look metallic at all, but a dark inky blue, lighter than the tinted blue, but in direct light, it's glorious! The metallic makes it take on a blue/purple sheen IMO (in light), which works for me because blurple is my all time favorite color!

Euridice, no need to send it back LOL, while I was getting ready to put it in the envelope, I noticed how soft it was so I petted it LOL. I'm not a fan of the color because I prefer glossier leathers LOL. And...if you wait in about 2 weeks or so, I should have my preview pics of my petra in glossy ink blue. Just for reference though, the Ormala you posted, the darker parts is how it looks like in low light and the flap is color you get with direct light.

yes, a lot of dark blues or navy's are gonna be really dark and you don't want them to look black. Depth is a good word for it! But I have a hard time imagining this looking more metallic than Lionlaw's pearlized blue Emilia, ha ha!! Hers wasn't so much metallic, but it had a glow!! No black was showing AT ALL!!

ME TOO! - my emilia is totally metallic. Some see pewter for goodness sake. The glossy ink blue must be bordering on mylar qualities if he thinks it is more metallic. :P

I know, right! Mylar!! lol!!

Okay, please everyone help me today. Help!!

Please match the following leathers to the style....

burnt orange
teal
ink blue
maize yellow
new turquoise

styles:

mini Gabby
mini Chiara
Petra?? without the handles?
Josephine
Josephine Max
Emilia mini
Emilia regular

Please help me! The reveals, plus discussingother's bags, I'm running behind and I have friends who are counting on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

emilia 's in maize yellow would be great , because the tinted leather are coming out well in that design and this is a tinted leather too.

btw Euridice have you seen maize yellow irl or a pic

^^just a pic, Mentha. I'm told that the Millie Max on the site is a good representation. It seems a very soft yellow, not nearly as yellow or bright as the canary yellow. I'm kinda curious how it displays in different lightings, though.

Hi! I also have a specific question to pose. I have the bag below, but in a different color. What Ignes bag would be the opposite of that?

I thought, something round with ruffles! Then I realized---PETRA! But a clutch would also be the opposite, right?

I'm going for color balance, but I'm asking just the basic question first before I tell you more about the color....just to get input on the style first!

THANKS!! I need heeeeelllllppp

gallery_gray.jpg

I know, right! Mylar!! lol!!

Okay, please everyone help me today. Help!!

Please match the following leathers to the style....

burnt orange
teal
ink blue
maize yellow
new turquoise

styles:

mini Gabby
mini Chiara
Petra?? without the handles?
Josephine
Josephine Max
Emilia mini
Emilia regular

Please help me! The reveals, plus discussingother's bags, I'm running behind and I have friends who are counting on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Emilia or mini- orange, ink blue or teal

Petra- yellow or turquoise

Josie Max- turquoise or ink blue

Mini Gabby or Mini C- yellow, turquoise, orange or ink

Hi! I also have a specific question to pose. I have the bag below, but in a different color. What Ignes bag would be the opposite of that?

I thought, something round with ruffles! Then I realized---PETRA! But a clutch would also be the opposite, right?

I'm going for color balance, but I'm asking just the basic question first before I tell you more about the color....just to get input on the style first!

THANKS!! I need heeeeelllllppp

View attachment 735844

Yeah, something girly and soft. Petra or Josie Max maybe.