Charge Sends Over???

brahh

LV LOVER!!!
Jan 7, 2009
It's been so great to be able to get bags from the larger outlets by doing charge sends. I just spoke with the mgr at Houston Premium (she has been so nice to me) and she said they are no longer allowed to do charge sends. I guess it's all the "high volume" stores. But, for what I typically look for, those are probably the only outlets that get "the good stuff." I'm really sad today! :crybaby: I feel like Coach is pushing alot of us to buy at FP, accept what little comes to our "small" outlets (for those that even have outlets close to us), or buy it on ebay. And, that makes me mad, the ebay sellers go to these high volume stores and buy up all the good stuff then turn around and make us pay more! :cursing::rant::pout::mad: Oh, well!:sad:

I can't wrap my brain around the idea Coach is trying to push outlet buyers (or really, ANY buyers) to da*Bay...I would think that's the LAST thing they want to do, esp. w/ the company's stand (read: vitriol) on re-sellers. However, pushing buyers to FP, that's another matter entirely. I think they could do a better job of that by not sending FP merch to the outlets 5 minutes after they've issued it. How about lowering price points (which I think they HAVE been doing in small steps) and/or allowing anybody to have PCE that wants it?

I'm having a hard time believing that this will be inforced across the board. All of the good things are inconsistent, so I'm thinking the bag things will be too and most outlets that already do charge sends will continue to do so.

I'm having a hard time believing that this will be inforced across the board. All of the good things are inconsistent, so I'm thinking the bag things will be too and most outlets that already do charge sends will continue to do so.

That's one thing you can always say about Coach policy when it comes to the outlets, inconsistent. :smile: Just my two cents but, I think the best thing to do is just divide the stock more equally among all the outlets that way, everyone gets a better chance of finding what they want at an outlet near them. This is coming from someone that doesn't even have an outlet close by.:P It was only recently that I found out I could go to my nearest Coach boutique and do a charge send from an outlet there. It was great but, not something I will be doing unless it's no longer available in FP.

Charge sends was something I was talking to our fav. lady at Leesburg about this weekend. How I've been finding that stores are not willing to let me buy from them and charge send to me, and losing my money (not to mention of course my local store is losing out on that buying $$ to, but atleast I'm buying coach!). I wanted to charge send some cashmere sweaters from one in IL, but they refused. Why? They not only lost my $$, but Coach in general didn't get that 100$ or so because I couldn't use that money to buy it elsewhere for the same cost, and why would I want to pay more to a seller online?
She agreed, and said that at this point until they were strictly told NO that Leesburg would continue to be willing to do charge sends for those of us who want something at the store but aren't local. She doesn't understand why she would want to deny the business, I mean who doesn't want to make happy customers and sell their products, no matter 40% off or 50% off? I don't know if I'll hear any updates on it, but if I do I'll pass that info on.

Last edited:
Charge sends was something I was talking to our fav. lady at Leesburg about this weekend. How I've been finding that stores are not willing to let me buy from them and charge send to me, and losing my money (not to mention of course my local store is losing out on that buying $$ to, but atleast I'm buying coach!). I wanted to charge send some cashmere sweaters from one in IL, but they refused. Why? They not only lost my $$, but Coach in general didn't get that 100$ or so because I couldn't use that money to buy it elsewhere for the same cost, and why would I want to pay more to a seller online?
She agreed, and said that at this point until they were strictly told NO that Leesburg would continue to be willing to do charge sends for those of us who want something at the store but aren't local. She doesn't understand why she would want to deny the business, I mean who doesn't want to make happy customers and sell their products, no matter 40% off or 50% off? I don't know if I'll hear any updates on it, but if I do I'll pass that info on.

bunny, is Leesburg considered a "high volume" store? I know from the pics you send us that you get lots of good stuff...things we NEVER see at our outlet. So, if I called Leesburg, they will still do a charge send with my outlet? I really don't understand coporate's decision on this. I just know what they are forcing me to do...go to the bay! So, THEY ARE LOSING MONEY BY DOING THIS! The high volume stores, like Houston that I spoke with this morning, get SO MUCH merchandise. Doing charge sends just allows them to move their merchandise out better and quicker so they can put out those "80+ boxes each day" of merchandise. Remember how dirty those Ellies got? I did two Ellie charge sends from them...that won't happen anymore...so that's more bags that will sit on the shelf and get all dirty and mangled. I am really ticked today!!! Then you add coporate's new "business method"...get the new lines in and out quickly to keep interest flowing and customers coming back frequently. But, as we're seeing, merchandise has to go somewhere...so it hits the outlets alot quicker! And, that makes people think "why buy at FP." So, it appears we have a vicious cycle!

bunny, is Leesburg considered a "high volume" store? I know from the pics you send us that you get lots of good stuff...things we NEVER see at our outlet. So, if I called Leesburg, they will still do a charge send with my outlet? I really don't understand coporate's decision on this. I just know what they are forcing me to do...go to the bay! So, THEY ARE LOSING MONEY BY DOING THIS! The high volume stores, like Houston that I spoke with this morning, get SO MUCH merchandise. Doing charge sends just allows them to move their merchandise out better and quicker so they can put out those "80+ boxes each day" of merchandise. Remember how dirty those Ellies got? I did two Ellie charge sends from them...that won't happen anymore...so that's more bags that will sit on the shelf and get all dirty and mangled. I am really ticked today!!! Then you add coporate's new "business method"...get the new lines in and out quickly to keep interest flowing and customers coming back frequently. But, as we're seeing, merchandise has to go somewhere...so it hits the outlets alot quicker! And, that makes people think "why buy at FP." So, it appears we have a vicious cycle!
They probably are high volume, but they aren't limited by being "to close to a FP store" as I might have originally thought. They will do charge sends to you (calling from your outlet local to you) and will participate in those like me local to them who found someone outside our district to get something charge sent FROM.
Despite being like 2nd or 3rd largest outlet store size wise (not volume, but floor space) and in the top 5 total outlet volume of sales, they are STILL getting jack3d on good bags like Ellies, for example. So my question is, if Leesburg is HV store, why aren't they getting the more attractive and rare items to a store that has not only the floor traffic, but located near a popular airport for international buyers and visitors? It's STUPID, and I've been complaining because I'd rather buy from my local outlet than have to PAY 10$ or whatever to ship from another outlet because for some reason mine didn't get that nice item I really want. Houston had python items, Leesburg has NEVER (except for MAYBe a watch) had any of the stuff I saw there, and Hagerstown only had one that I'm aware of which was a slim Python CD case way back in 06 or something. It's the variety I'm making a stink about, because if they are a big store in our district, why aren't we getting the higher end items, or unique pieces?
Sure, for you it might not be as nice, if your local outlet isn't a HV store, or is limited by lack of floor space or lower priority. :sad: But I've been pushing my local store to fight for more stuff, since if this whole charge send thing is going to come down to NON EXISTANT then I want to make sure my local stores have the best selection or I'll be horribly limited to what I have here, or having to buy online for much more :sad:

They probably are high volume, but they aren't limited by being "to close to a FP store" as I might have originally thought. They will do charge sends to you (calling from your outlet local to you) and will participate in those like me local to them who found someone outside our district to get something charge sent FROM.
Despite being like 2nd or 3rd largest outlet store size wise (not volume, but floor space) and in the top 5 total outlet volume of sales, they are STILL getting jack3d on good bags like Ellies, for example. So my question is, if Leesburg is HV store, why aren't they getting the more attractive and rare items to a store that has not only the floor traffic, but located near a popular airport for international buyers and visitors? It's STUPID, and I've been complaining because I'd rather buy from my local outlet than have to PAY 10$ or whatever to ship from another outlet because for some reason mine didn't get that nice item I really want. Houston had python items, Leesburg has NEVER (except for MAYBe a watch) had any of the stuff I saw there, and Hagerstown only had one that I'm aware of which was a slim Python CD case way back in 06 or something. It's the variety I'm making a stink about, because if they are a big store in our district, why aren't we getting the higher end items, or unique pieces?
Sure, for you it might not be as nice, if your local outlet isn't a HV store, or is limited by lack of floor space or lower priority. :sad: But I've been pushing my local store to fight for more stuff, since if this whole charge send thing is going to come down to NON EXISTANT then I want to make sure my local stores have the best selection or I'll be horribly limited to what I have here, or having to buy online for much more :sad:

bunny, I totally agree with you. Why send all those (exp) Ellies to Houston and they sit and get all dirty. Nothing against Houston, they just get more merchandise than they can possibly handle (I was told it's 80+ boxes a day). Then you have an outlet like Leesburg, that's sitting near a huge airport and gets international buyers and visitors, and those Ellies are sitting in Houston getting dirty! If I were you, I'd keep fighting to get higher end merch sent to your store. As for people like me with the small stores, I guess I should just be happy I even have one!

bunny, I totally agree with you. Why send all those (exp) Ellies to Houston and they sit and get all dirty. Nothing against Houston, they just get more merchandise than they can possibly handle (I was told it's 80+ boxes a day). Then you have an outlet like Leesburg, that's sitting near a huge airport and gets international buyers and visitors, and those Ellies are sitting in Houston getting dirty! If I were you, I'd keep fighting to get higher end merch sent to your store. As for people like me with the small stores, I guess I should just be happy I even have one!
Well trust me, I know that it's a bear that the smaller stores and out of the way places (like Hagerstown) get less "flashy" stuff, but when they do, (peyton in croc, luci in walnut) I think there aren't as many people that go through there and are willing to drop the bigger bucks on the higher end items. Some of it's "location, location location" and it probably takes into account the price range of the COL there too (no offense, I love the western MD area, but the COL there is much less than metro DC) which might affect what type, what $$ range what bags go to. I mean, they want to send bags to places for them to move, if it's a high siggie c buying area, obviously they'll take that into consideration. It does Coach NO good to sit product on the shelf that won't sell because of the desires of the shoppers in that market or if the price range is not right.
I, just like everyone, should fight for their local outlet to get the best stuff you can. FIND out who your sister stores are that send bags directly to your store, especially if you shop at one of them as a FP store, so you know what your local FP have, and what might make it to your outlet first.

I tried to do a charge send with Atlantic City and was told no, although I was pretty sure they have done it in the past. I ended up having to do a charge hold. I was told that the flagship outlets do not do this, but yet Lancaster does...or they do it when they want to do it. My local outlet says it's up to manager approval. I think that's the key... First of all, it's up to the DM, and then up to the stores involved. Sometimes if they are busy, they don't want to be bothered on either end. The truth is they don't NEED to do it in a lot of cases because stuff usually flies off the shelves. In fact, the PA outlets did not start doing this till late last year. I guess I feel thankful that they will do it at all, since I got used to the hassle of them not being able to do it. However, it's "doable" for me to get to at least 8 outlets with a little over 2 hours drive one way in some cases (which I will do if it's important), so I don't have as much to complain about as some people do, I know.

Actually, I would be interested to know if because you have done it a lot, they just decided to tell you no..or if in general they just got tired of doing it. I say that because someone told me at Lancaster that they will not do it for you if you have a ton of items or want to do it all the time...so I don't know!

As far as deletes go, you have to keep in mind that the SAs are offered the new deletes (before they are shipped out) on major discounts, and these purchases don't affect their discount quota. It's limited to what's in their store at the time, though, but still...that will affect what ultimately goes to the outlets, kwim?? Also, some of what the outlets get are direct transfers or returns, but many come from consolidations at JAX. In some cases, some bags end up as irregulars stock for the employees to purchase...like the pilots, etc.

The bottom line is that sometimes it's just hard to predict, but I was told that like the designations for the boutiques (primary, fashion, flagship, etc), it's also the same way for outlets. So the specialty or exclusive items will probably be sent to the flagship or high volume outlets first. Depending on what is left over later on, then you do see smaller outlets getting many of the items on down the road. I just bought the Penelope spectator leather north-south tote in gray/white at my outlet, and these are bags that other outlets had weeks ago. In fact, the day I left central PA, I was told that Hershey had these in the back but were not allowed to put them out till the following Wed. I didn't care that much, so I left, and I was only able to purchase one of the other north south totes at Lancaster.

Unfortunately, brahh, I do agree that Lebanon is one of the worst outlets I've been to...probably the only other one that's comparable is Reading PA. I would say that Jackson and Lahaska are close to that. However, for whatever it's worth, I saw an improvement in their retail selection the last time I was there...so maybe they will continue to get more and more for you guys there. It's not like TN has a ton of boutiques like here in this area, but then I also don't know if that affects what they send to that outlet since Coach is apparently not as popular there.

Also... Sometimes the stock that the outlets get have to be shifted. Like Reading frequently shifts higher priced retail stock to larger outlets just so they can sell the items more easily. I'm sure they make adjustments all the time depending on how the market is in a particular area, kwim??

Out of all the outlets I have shopped at, I still like Woodbury and Lancaster the best. It's not that Lancaster gets multiples of everything like AC or Woodbury might, but just that I like the diversity, and their accessory selection is the best I've ever seen. So far I don't think too much of our new one here in NJ...but I guess over time it will improve. And, I guess as I think about it, so far I have managed to buy 3 bags there so far! :nuts:

Last edited:
I tried to do a charge send with Atlantic City and was told no, although I was pretty sure they have done it in the past. I ended up having to do a charge hold. I was told that the flagship outlets do not do this, but yet Lancaster does...or they do it when they want to do it. My local outlet says it's up to manager approval. I think that's the key... First of all, it's up to the DM, and then up to the stores involved. Sometimes if they are busy, they don't want to be bothered on either end. The truth is they don't NEED to do it in a lot of cases because stuff usually flies off the shelves. In fact, the PA outlets did not start doing this till late last year. I guess I feel thankful that they will do it at all, since I got used to the hassle of them not being able to do it. However, it's "doable" for me to get to at least 8 outlets with a little over 2 hours drive one way in some cases (which I will do if it's important), so I don't have as much to complain about as some people do, I know.

Actually, I would be interested to know if because you have done it a lot, they just decided to tell you no..or if in general they just got tired of doing it. I say that because someone told me at Lancaster that they will not do it for you if you have a ton of items or want to do it all the time...so I don't know!

I was told No from the Aurora store, only time I've ever tried to charge send from them. Houston, Hershey, and Foley all had no problems allowing me to charge send. Leesburg has NEVER failed to assist in getting the paper work to them, or giving me a hard time because I wanted to process it.

^^ Yeah, I get great service too, but one of my SAs mentioned at one outlet that they didn't have a lot of help and wouldn't do it for "just anybody"...or if the person has a lot of stuff and does it a lot. In other words, they want to do it "when they want to do it". I think it probably depends on the person and outlet. One outlet I call frequently has this one person that is almost always rude. I hate that, but then I do understand that they are very busy at some locations. I also don't think they really "need" the sales from charge sends most of the time, but some like the business. Hershey always seems super nice about it! I have not tried the other ones that you mention.

From what I've been told, and this is very recent corporate news, the "high volume" outlets have been told by corporate that they are no longer allowed to do charge sends. They are too busy, and charge sends just take up their time. As far as the other outlets, doing charge sends is strictly up to the DM if they will allow them. Mine doesn't have a problem when I bring in something I've worked out with another outlet. I got my two Ellies (sand and lime) from Houston, and the mgr personally called me on my cell several times after that to tell me of something she thought I might want. I really don't think she's blowing me off, baglady39. This is a new policy. What I would like to know, and have been trying to find out, is a list of the "high end" outlets. I guess as time goes on, we'll see if this new policy is strictly enforced, and, also if corporate decides to reverse it!

Really? Shucks! I was trying to look for the next opportunity I can have my cc info on their file to do charge sends cause I don't live close to outlets at all. *sigh*

At the moment, I feel like it is still a toss-up. About half of the outlets I have called recently are still fine with doing charge sends and the other half will not or will only send within their district (includes some outlets near them). So it is still worth a shot. I'm just hoping they don't try to enforce this no charge-send policy.