Y'all, I need some help with leather knowledge!! Please.

Euridice, I have burned orange swatch, but after the LL black diamond misundertanding, well I dont know very well to make pictures and capture the real colour, so I have not made the pic, sorry. I is a beautiful dark orange, and yes, it is like speckled, like the sahara gold pic LL posted for me. It is not a brigth orange.

The new turquoise will be ready in about 10 days time ( ignacio posted it to me today).

About the royal purple, it is from the same tannery of champagne and chocolate vintage, they are good durable leathers, with a little metallic to them, I dont think they will scratch easily.

I dont have the Teal swatch, I have never seen it IRL.

I hope you didn't take my posts as referring to your pic? I meant the pics sent from Ignes! The swatch and the bag were black in those photos. Frankly, your swatch was so small, I couldn't tell much from the pic.

LL, what a relief, I sincerely thougth it was my pic the one that make you thougth it was black. I swear my swatch is small, but seems black. I have been with maria today ( I has been great to meet a tPFer, and we have connected) ans she has told me she sees it black too, but it is very small, and doesnt look like your bag at all.

I know I am not very good making the pics, I spend a lot of time to get one that have the colours similar to real life. In adition, my camera is not a very good one. But I know how useful is to have the swatches and I will try my bet to capure tomorrow the burned orange, I promise.

Last edited:
pics, no cute? did you document this?

No cute, all kinds of great news for you on the other trheads! Millie, you can do the Millie! oh wait, I think I am confused.

Yes I did. Check the colors thread for orange. There's a pic with the hot pink patent pouches. It won't load here for some reason.

I personally think that Ignes has to have better, real good pics on their website given that most ordering is done unseen.
They have a number of beautiful leathers , but sending the swatches etc is not a very efficient system, because everybody will not have seen all swatches at anytime.
Especially when sales like this happen, there is a spurt of interest but since access to an accurate picture of the colors is limited I am a little wary of ordering.
Thanks to all the wonderful pics which are posted here I have a idea of the leathers , but right pictures at the right time may not always be available.
and I also wonder about people ordering from the website directly.
Maybe they are working on it, but I shall certainly make my thought known to Ignacio.

I personally think that Ignes has to have better, real good pics on their website given that most ordering is done unseen.
They have a number of beautiful leathers , but sending the swatches etc is not a very efficient system, because everybody will not have seen all swatches at anytime.
Especially when sales like this happen, there is a spurt of interest but since access to an accurate picture of the colors is limited I am a little wary of ordering.
Thanks to all the wonderful pics which are posted here I have a idea of the leathers , but right pictures at the right time may not always be available.
and I also wonder about people ordering from the website directly.
Maybe they are working on it, but I shall certainly make my thought known to Ignacio.

I think we all agree with this. They hired a professional photographer, but somehow the pics didn't come out right. Maybe he used flash? This seems to be a common problem for all these bespoke-type companies.

LL, what a relief, I sincerely thougth it was my pic the one that make you thougth it was black. I swear my swatch is small, but seems black. I have been with maria today ( I has been great to meet a tPFer, and we have connected) ans she has told me she sees it black too, but it is very small, and doesnt look like your bag at all.

I know I am not very good making the pics, I spend a lot of time to get one that have the colours similar to real life. In adition, my camera is not a very good one. But I know how useful is to have the swatches and I will try my bet to capure tomorrow the burned orange, I promise.

Oh, how exciting! You met with Maria Belen?! That is lovely to get a chance to meet up like that. She has such a gorgeous collection.

Thanks so much in advance, if oyu have a chance, for taking a pic of the orange. :yahoo:

Last edited:
I think we all agree with this. They hired a professional photographer, but somehow the pics didn't come out right. Maybe he used flash? This seems to be a common problem for all these bespoke-type companies.

Even with RM, you're guessing...I thought the coral looked really pretty, but no! Luna boston tends to be off in their pics. A lot of companies where you can't go to a store and see for yourself. And with BE pre-order for spring, while a lovely offer, it was like, literally looking at tiny squares of color, with no samples happening. Not a criticism, it's just a difficult way of shopping! Thank heavens for tpf and our photographs.

You know, I've been meaning to order swatches, and I should have, because as Mentha was saying, this sale caught me by surprise!

Yes i have loved to met her, She it great girl to talk with. And talk about purses with no restrain... I have enjoyed a lot!
I will make you the orange pic tomorrow.
Oh, how exciting You met with Maria Belen?! That is lovely to get a chance to meet up like that. She has such a gorgeous collection.

Thanks so much in advance, if oyu have a chance, for taking a pic of the orange. :yahoo:

Yeah! group meeting! We should go all together to a holiday to uruguay. I want sun...

Ok, the pics of burned orange: I have put it between 120 (capuchino) and 124( ligth whiskey), to keep colour perspective:

DSC04426.jpg

direct sunligth

DSC04424.jpg

shadow:

DSC04423.jpg

Gorgeous orange! This is a very structured leather, is it not?

Euridice, I feel like I am following you around like a kid sister, talking over your shoulder.

And lionlaw, that is a great idea for an Ignes meet! God only knows where and when, but I think it would be fun to bring along a few bags and have a few drinks. Count me in.

Ignacio says of the burnt orange: This leather is thicker than the tinted leathers, and a bit more structured. It’s darker than the orange in your wristlet, with more red in it; we don’t expect to have the leather from your wristlet in stock in the next few months. I’m attaching a picture of a Josephine, made with burnt orange.

burntorangejosie2.jpg

I more interested in the cappucino peeping there :smile:, nbl or somebody who has seen it can you pls tell me if the pic is a accurate representation , your impressions abt it, os it grey or more beige leaning