Concealers for Acne Blemishes/Scars

pcil

Living life to the fullest
O.G.
Oct 20, 2008
I searched and found some threads that talked about concealers, but not acne/blemish concealers. Does anyone have suggestion for acne/blemish concealers? I did some research on MakeUpAlley as well, but still hasn't had an answer.

I've never use concealers before, so maybe you guys can help me on how to use it as well? :P

Thanks all!

I have a few occasional breakouts on my chin and jaw area, and I got a sample of the Vincent Logo cream concealer, it worked super super well. It's not specifically made for acne, but it really does the job quite nicely. It may be on the pricey side though, but it definitely did work for me.

I recommend Urban Decay's 24/7 Concealer pencil. http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/247Concealer.cfm They do not treat acne per se, but it's said to help prevent clogged pores and absorb access oil. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and am loving it so far! I do have rather acne-prone skin myself so I like how it doesn't get oily.

Bobbi Brown used to have a product called blemish cover stick...but I'm not able to find it online now, perhaps it has been discontinued. It's a stick-form concealer that contains salicylic acid...I used it before but didn't quite like it because 1) color didn't match quite right, and 2) it was too drying.

Hope this helps!

I recommend Urban Decay's 24/7 Concealer pencil. http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/247Concealer.cfm They do not treat acne per se, but it's said to help prevent clogged pores and absorb access oil. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and am loving it so far! I do have rather acne-prone skin myself so I like how it doesn't get oily.

Bobbi Brown used to have a product called blemish cover stick...but I'm not able to find it online now, perhaps it has been discontinued. It's a stick-form concealer that contains salicylic acid...I used it before but didn't quite like it because 1) color didn't match quite right, and 2) it was too drying.

Hope this helps!

The Urban Decay's one, Can I buy it in any dept store/sephora? I want to get the perfect color for my skin and so I think it's better if I can try it there.

Yes definitely buy it in person...the color swatches shown online are way darker than they are in real life. I'd consider myself relatively fair, and I have to use FBI. Sephora sells them, and I've seen Urban Decay counters at Macy's too.

As for how to apply the concealer...because its texture can be kind of thick if applied directly on the skin right away, I rub off some on my left index finger, then apply it to my face with a tiny concealer brush. That way it looks more natural and will not appear cakey on the face. I also use my finger to dab and pat (never rub!) after applying it on my face with the brush to blend. The key to applying concealer over blemishes (I think) is to always use light patting instead of rubbing, otherwise the concealer will end up around the blemish rather than over it.

The Urban Decay's one, Can I buy it in any dept store/sephora? I want to get the perfect color for my skin and so I think it's better if I can try it there.

Last edited:
I use my everyday minerals concealer in intensive medium. it covers up everything - age spots, acne, etc. my bf says he can't see where my skin ends and the concealer begins. i guess that's a good thing! ;)

Last edited:
I love Benefit Boi-ing which I purchased at Sephora. I apply it with an Essence of Beauty concealer brush which came in a set of two which I bought at CVS (great brushes and inexpensive too!). Then I set my concealer with pressed powder with a big fluffy powder brush.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. It seems that Urban Decay has most votes here. And I like it that it has a counter I could walk in and try. I'll try to get one this weekend :smile: