What's your response to questions re:price

How do you all respond to questions from friends/family/co-workers regarding the price of your Hermes bags?

"oh, i have no idea -- it was a gift and i'd never dream of asking how much it cost."

heavy emphasis on bold italics -- most clods who ask miss the point, though.

edited to add: if husband asks, the response is "less than your mid-life crisis did."

DQ--LOL!! The only people I've shared costs with b/c they asked are our closest friends--a lovely couple who don't really care about high-fashion or handbags.

I once said: Why do you want to know? Is it because you want to help me pay for it?
Actually it really depends on why the question was asked. If someone truly wants to know because she is considering buying one like it and would like to learn, I don't have a problem with it. But as we all know that is not always the case.

If it's someone I'm not comfortable answering that question too I'll say "I really have no clue because I purchased it so long ago" And if it's someone I know I never hesistate telling the truth,.. well unless it's my sister. I don't want her to know the value of Hermes bags because she has one of my mothers croc bags and I'm working her into giving it to me, or selling it to me,.. for a couple of hundred dollars!!!! :graucho: