Block/Ignore feature

So I did the experiment. I put someone in my Ignore List and asked her to PM me.

Results:

• I was able to PM her, and she received it.
  • I did not receive the PM she sent to me.
  • She found the PM she sent me in her Sent Folder.

I mean, it makes sense that we don't get those PMs. To me it's about not having to read some posts, so the PMing part never crossed my mind and doesn't make a difference kuz these members wouldn't PM me. However, this is yet another benefit of the feature if one wanted to avoid PMs.

So I did the experiment. I put someone in my Ignore List and asked her to PM me.

Results:

• I was able to PM her, and she received it.
  • I did not receive the PM she sent to me.
  • She found the PM she sent me in her Sent Folder.

I mean, it makes sense that we don't get those PMs. To me it's about not having to read some posts, so the PMing part never crossed my mind and doesn't make a difference kuz these members wouldn't PM me. However, this is yet another benefit of the feature if one wanted to avoid PMs.

Makes sense to me as well. Wasn't sure about you being able to PM her. Thanks for the experiment :tup:

funny! I feel like as a Mod I can't add users. . . although I have once, but she's was a wackadoodle and is long gone now :biggrin:

Don't you just loooove all our crazy posts and PMs? The joy of it all?

OK, seriously...bummer...violin-011.gif

Makes sense to me as well. Wasn't sure about you being able to PM her. Thanks for the experiment :tup:

NP. It was a bit challenging because if I didn't get the PM, I wouldn't know it right away, and she couldn't tell me she sent it on the thread because I couldn't see her posts...and I couldn't un-ignore her in case the PM was on its way :blink:

Now that I know PMs can be avoided as well, I like it even more. And there's no temptation to open PMs and be subjected to stuff you'd rather not read because you don't even know the PMs were sent.:greengrin:

LOL! I am SURE a few people have learned this:lol:

Darn it! and here I though there was something wrong with my computer :P

funny! I feel like as a Mod I can't add users. . . although I have once, but she's was a wackadoodle and is long gone now :biggrin:

Serioulsy, it took a lot for me to add someone to my list and that particular member is gone now. I don't feel bad now for adding that name to my list because I know it wasn't just me KWIM. They got SFB for a reason.

Last edited: